🐈
» Forums » Clients » Pay a small fee for interview
Page options
4bc8a7b2
Community Member

Pay a small fee for interview

Hi there,

I posted a job, something I myself was developing but needed help with.

I wasted a lot of time waiting for the correct talent . I did interview 3 possibles ...

One of the interviews took a while as I was asking a lot of questions to ensure that the chap knew what he was doing.

At some point, due to my questioning, I suddenly realised what I was doing wrong - and so I no longer need to hire anyone.

But I would like to "reward' one of the interviewees (a small sum for a coffe and cake really)

Is this possible? Would I need to hire the person - or is there an ad-hoc payment feature available ...?

kind thanks in advance,

W

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi William,

It is not possible to send any payment to a freelancer unless you have a contract with them, even if it's closed. If you'd like to do this, then yes, you'll need to create a contract. There are a few ways you could go about it. If using a Fixed Price Contract you can include the payment in the Milestone and then release it right away. If using an Hourly Contract, you can send a bonus payment as soon as the offer is accepted and then close it immediately. 

If you have any further questions please let us know!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
AndreaG

Hi William,

It is not possible to send any payment to a freelancer unless you have a contract with them, even if it's closed. If you'd like to do this, then yes, you'll need to create a contract. There are a few ways you could go about it. If using a Fixed Price Contract you can include the payment in the Milestone and then release it right away. If using an Hourly Contract, you can send a bonus payment as soon as the offer is accepted and then close it immediately. 

If you have any further questions please let us know!

~Andrea
Upwork
4bc8a7b2
Community Member

Thank you very much ...

Setting aside any difficulty in implementing such a feature, and focsing on the practical impact of such a feature:

I can't think of any downside to adding something like this.

If a client can simply SEND A PAYMENT of their choice to a freelancer they have interviewed, without a contract in place, this would provide what the original poster is asking for. And I'm sure many other clients would find this useful as well.

Thank you for having the heart to think and act about rewarding your long interviewee with some coffee and cake.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

You need to hire them and I suggest you pay them for the time they invested, meaning the length of the conversation you had with them. 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths