🐈
» Forums » Clients » Pay for manually entered hours
Page options
pkaufman
Community Member

Pay for manually entered hours

I know a freelancer manually entered hours last week which I want to pay for, but they were of course not paid automatically and I cannot find where they are. 

13 REPLIES 13
petra_r
Community Member

Peter K wrote:

I know a freelancer manually entered hours last week which I want to pay for, but they were of course not paid automatically and I cannot find where they are. 

If the manual time was correctly entered for an active hourly contract, and those hours were not in excess of the weekly limit (adding manual time in excess of the weekly limit is as pointless (or even more pointless) as tracking it) you will have been billed and charged today and the freelancer will be paid automatically in the same way as all hourly contracts are paid.

If the time was in excess of the weekly limit just go to the contract and make a bonus payment by clicking on the 3 little dots on the top right.

When you say "you don't know where they are" - what do you mean? They should be in the work diary.

If they are not, they were possibly entered against a different contract with another client which is another mess altogether.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Peter,

On an hourly contract, your Freelancer logs hours or add those manually and you're automatically billed for them. In this case, they added more than a weekly limit on billable hours,  it was marked as ''Time over the weekly limit'' in the freelancers' Work Diaries and will require releasing a bonus payment.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
pkaufman
Community Member

Understood, but I just made the bonus payment to the wrong freelancer. Can I
cancel it. Should not have been to **edited for Community Guidelines**

You paid a bonus to the wrong freelancer. All you need to do is send a message to that freelancer and ask him to refund that bonus to you.

Thanks, but I think I should not have to rely on him to that. Is it just me
not finding it or is there no longer a way to contact Upwork support
directly?

You are talking to people through the Community Forum right now: freelancers, clients and even Forum Moderators (Upwork employees) are all here. And are all real people.

Plus, there are still ways to contact Upwork Customer Support directly. Including through live chat and support desk tickets.

Live chat is low level AI which loops back to itself when attempting to contact a support person. Where do I enter a support ticket? Thank you. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Peter, 

Let me look into this and check with the team if it's still possible to refund this back to you. I'll come back here once I have more information. 

~ Avery
Upwork
pkaufman
Community Member

Thank you.

pkaufman
Community Member

They contacted me - thanks again. For future reference, where do I generate a support ticket if need be?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Peter, 

You should be able to file a ticket by accessing your Help Center. If you are directed to the Community, our team will be happy to assist you here. Please know that due to the volume of users on the platform some support options aren't available for all users. I apologise if this will be an inconvenience for you.

~ Avery
Upwork
pkaufman
Community Member

Thank you for the response. I believe what you are saying is for me, it is not possible. Therefore previous information posted in this thread (not by you) was incorrect. I have to say it is suprising and disappointing that direct support via ticket has been dropped for all clients. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Peter, 

I'm sorry for the confusion. Please know that the option to contact our Customer Support Team directly has not been removed for users. The Upwork Community forum is another support channel where you can be assisted directly by our team (Moderators). If you need further help, please don't hesitate to post your concern in the Community, and the moderator at the time of your post will attend to your question.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths