cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Paying Freelancers

Community Guru
Ronald T Member Since: Sep 14, 2009
1 of 4

I read somewhere in the Community that payment for freelancers can no longer be made using clients' funds on account with oDesk; however, I lost track of the timeline with so many chages going on here on oDesk.

Question: When paying freelancers, can clients pay using their funds on account with oDesk?

Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
BEST ANSWER
2 of 4

@Ronald T wrote:

I read somewhere in the Community that payment for freelancers can no longer be made using clients' funds on account with oDesk; however, I lost track of the timeline with so many chages going on here on oDesk.

Question: When paying freelancers, can clients pay using their funds on account with oDesk?

Hi Ron - no, they can't. The financial accounts have been separated pre merger, circa Q3 2013. One work around to this is to send your freelancer funds to your PayPal account, and chose PayPal as your preferred billing method on your client account. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Ronald T Member Since: Sep 14, 2009
3 of 4

Thanks KU and Kudos to you!

Ace Contributor
Mohamad A Member Since: Aug 29, 2015
4 of 4

Yea, it seems that Upwork is intent on making money in every way possible. This way, you'd have to pay $1 to transfer to Paypal and then transfer back to Upwork and it's a hassle. What doesn't make sense to me is that why are there so many things that are a step back from Elance's modus operandi!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS