cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying a bonus on a cancelled contract

Alex G Member Since: Jun 5, 2017
1 of 4

the scope of my job recently changed and I could not amend the budget of the current job. My freelancer told me to cancel one job as having two open was bad for his rating (or something along those lines). So I cancelled one job and then issued a new one with combined tasks.

I cancelled without payment and he has told me as a result of this he lost his "rising talent" badge which was unintended. Is there a way to fix this? he mentioned I should be able to pay a bonus on the first contract which might rectify the situation?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Alex

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 4

Hi Alex,

You do have the option to issue a bonus payment for the closed contract by using the Actions menu (three dots icon) on the right side of the contract title or from the Workroom. Also, note that you can update the budget of an active contract and release a higher or lesser amount from Escrow. Let me know if you'd like more information and review the client resources we compiled here.

Alex G Member Since: Jun 5, 2017
3 of 4

Thanks! Can you confirm this will reinstate his "rising talent" status?

Also how can I amend the amount of a current contract? (or should I just pay less at the end, and if so, are there further repercussions?)

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 4

Hi Alex,

I can't comment on your freelancer's Rising Talent status or advise if it will be restored, which depends on the reason why it was removed in the first place.

If it's a Fixed-Price contract, you can edit funded Milestones upon release but not before. Editing a Milestone and releasing a different amount won't affect your or your freelancer's reputation.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS