cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying a freelancer for a fixed price job before receiving code.

Highlighted
Bruno H Member Since: Jan 11, 2013
11 of 12
Look at it this way: you've seen the test builds you approve of (which prove he is doing the job), but he hasn't seen any of the money yet. It's perfectly understandable why he wouldn't want to send you what is practically all the work you're hiring him to do before you come through with a fraction of your side of the deal. Not only that, should there be a disagreement, oDesk will most likely favor you and try to get your money returned; however, and I am assuming this is a fixed price deal, oDesk does not guarantee the freelancer's share if you decide to just not log in after he sends you the source code. I am not trying to say you are to be distrusted, but in this scenario, the freelancer has more to lose than you do because no one will stand up for him should you come short. And personally, I charge 50% upfront regardless of the kind of work I'm doing, so I don't think 40% after you've seen concrete proof he is doing your project the way you want him to is a lot. You should be ready to pay this much by the point you start receiving (early versions of) the actual product.
Highlighted
Will L Member Since: Apr 14, 2014
12 of 12
anybody have any thoughts on finding the best freelancers that are not lazy and they want to work. I have had 3 and all of them were either scammers or lazy? does anybody know or had any success with any other freelancers other than the ** *"Removed by admin"
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS