🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Paying for Ongoing Job
Page options
3ae5b671
Community Member

Paying for Ongoing Job

I have a job that will be ongoing (not hourly flat fee) - making weekly payments. How to I continue to pay my Freelancer once the initial payment is made for the first week? 

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

@Tanya P wrote:

I have a job that will be ongoing (not hourly flat fee) - making weekly payments. How to I continue to pay my Freelancer once the initial payment is made for the first week? 

Two ways:

• Add a new milestone every week
  • End the fixed rate contract after the first milestone and hire the freelancer on an hourly contract and set the weekly hours to 0 (!!!) but include a weekly salary like this:

weekly.jpg

Do bear in mind that you will be charged that weekly salary every week automatically until you pause or end the contract.

Thank you Tanya for posting this question. And, thank you Petra for such an elaborative answer. I have a further doubt on the same topic. 

For the second option mentioned by Petra, would we still get the payment security associated with an hourly contract in case of dispute (assuming we are fulfilling all the obligations associated with hourly contract such as using desktop app, filling proper memo, proper activity etc.)? 

Edited to add: Sorry, asked this question from a freelancer perspective in client section.

Regards 

@Munendra P wrote:

Thank you Tanya for posting this question. And, thank you Petra for such an elaborative answer. I have a further doubt on the same topic. 

For the second option mentioned by Petra, would we still get the payment security associated with an hourly contract in case of dispute (assuming we are fulfilling all the obligations associated with hourly contract such as using desktop app, filling proper memo, proper activity etc.)? 

Edited to add: Sorry, asked this question from a freelancer perspective in client section.

Regards 

No. The weekly amount is effectively a "bonus". It's ON TOP of the hours you bill with the app, memos, etc. But any hours you log over the weekly rate are also not covered by payment protection. So, in Petra's example with zero hours allowed and a weekly payment, the freelancer has no payment protection at all.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths