Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Payment Approval and Job Verification

Highlighted
John S Member Since: Oct 16, 2017
1 of 2

Hello All,

I have problem setting up my payment methods. i have hired a freelancer based on hourly rate. She has to complete the job and after the verification i will pay her. But I found that this is not working in UpWork. A few minutes ago i saw that a payment has been automatically applied on my account for the number of hours that she claim that has spenent on my work. I have no idea if she would be able to complete the job or not, and still i am not satisfied with her work. 

Is there anyway to stop the automatic payment system? and pay the freelancer when finished the job?

Thanks,

John

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 2

@John S wrote:

She has to complete the job and after the verification i will pay her. But I found that this is not working in UpWork. A few minutes ago i saw that a payment has been automatically applied on my account for the number of hours that she claim that has spenent on my work.

On an hourly contract you pay the freelancer for the hours worked on your project the previous week.

You can read about this here.

No, you can not change the contract from hourly to fixed rate now, you can only end the current contract and rehire on a fixed rate contract, but the hours the freelancer has logged so far are still payable.

With hourly contracts you buy a freelancer's time, not a product / end result.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS