🐈
» Forums » Clients » Payment Schedule
Page options
58273fe3
Community Member

Payment Schedule

I have just recruited someone on Upwork to complete a few different websites for me. It is on an hourly basis, so I pay weekly. 

I am looking if there is a way to pay upfront to Upwork and add balance to my account (so that the money is within the account). 

The reason I am asking this is for accounting purposes; one project is worth $500 for example, and another contract is worth $750 for example. I want to pay Upwork in two instalments; $500 and $750 for the two contracts I have. This is easy for accounting purposes. 

At the moment though, Upwork charges me per week, which could be $250 in week one, $400 in week two, $300 in week three etc. How can I apply these costs to the individual projects. 

The way I'm suggesting is better for the freelancer as I'll always have money in the account i.e. my account balance is topped up. Is there this option?

1 REPLY 1
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Robert, 

Please know that pre-funding via bank transfer, wire, or PayPal is currently not supported. We'll make sure to share it with the Community if this becomes an available feature of the billing methods. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths