Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment Verification Timing

sk-andaleeb
Community Guru
Tanzeel Z Member Since: May 26, 2015
1 of 4

How long does it take to verify your Paypal payment method? One of my clients is trying to add Paypal as a payment method, but the system is requesting him to wait. 

I would like to know how long does it take? The client is a newbie at Upwork. Thanks.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 4

If he has a verified PayPal account it does not need any verification here / he needs to have bank account & Credit Card linked to his PayPal.

When you say that The System is making him wait, which system....

If he has a verified PayPal account, which means PAYPAL verified, there is no wait on Upwork, as it is automatically verified. Only credit cards require an additional step of verification.

If he does not have a verified PayPal account, meaning verified by PayPal,  he can not use it on Upwork.

cjemery
Community Leader
Colyn E Member Since: Sep 23, 2015
3 of 4

I got an invitation to interview yesterday for a writing job that offered a very good 'per word' rate. When I spoke with them they sent me some very specific guidelines for their content. However, they were not payment verified and ignored me when I asked for a status on their payment verification status.

It looks like they're going on day 2 of no payment verification. There are obviously a lot of red flags surrounding this posting and client. I'm wondering what the longest amount of time to get verified would be. In other words, how many days should go by without them being verified before it's safe to assume they are not legit?

They are interviewing a few dozen different freelancers at this point and I hope none of those freelancers are getting tricked into working for free. Also, I kind of wish I only got invitations to interview from clients with proven credibility. New clients should only have access to certain features (like sending invitations) once they've verified their payment method. I've never hired on Upwork before and thus have never had to go through the verification process, but really, how hard and time-consuming can it be?

lenaellis
Lena E Moderator Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
BEST ANSWER
4 of 4

Hi Colyn,

Verification times vary depending on payment method and location, but usually happens pretty quick. I would advise you didn't begin working on a contract until you've confirmed their payment method has verified. If they need help you can point them to this help article: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211067988-What-are-my-payment-method-options-

-Lena

Untitled

View solution in original post

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS