🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Payment by Purchase order
Page options
837f041d
Community Member

Payment by Purchase order

My state agency has real trouble paying by credit card. They would perfer to pay by Purchase Order. Is such a thing possible?

16 REPLIES 16
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ben,

Generally, an invoice is created for each payment a client makes to the freelancer and is accessible in the Transactions. You can find more information in this help article. Billing methods that are available are described in this help article. I'll have one of our agents reach out to you further and discuss the available options.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
52846c50
Community Member

Ben,

I am in the same position. My company only deals with purchase orders. I am curious if you found a way to make it work?

Hi Denise, were you ever able to get any resolution on a PO? We are running into similar issues. 

No solution yet. From what I understand without a payment history with Upwork (through a verified Paypal account) there is no way to have a "qualified" payment method other than Paypal. If you find a workaround let me know.

Hi Denise,

Did your problem here get fixed? I am in the same situation.

Best,

Daniel

35d2d45f
Community Member

Ben, were you ever able to resolve the issues with purchase orders? We are encountering a similar problem as a state agency and would like to know options.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there!

I took an interest in your post, and I have asked for the help of our Customer Support Team to get in touch with you and assist you further with your concern. Once a support ticket is generated, you should be able to access your support ticket here or through the email address associated with your Upwork account. 

Let us know if our team can further assist you with anything. 

~ Avery
Upwork
f8620942
Community Member

I'm in the same situation and am looking for a solution - has anyone been able to sort this out?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Katy,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to address your request. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
24bdb281
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

I see you responding to a number of OPs on this thread regarding Purchase Orders.

Like them I work for a state agency, but not in the US/Canada. The work I want to have done will be paid from this large organisations account. Howver, they have strict payment policy (i.e., I have to set a supplier [Upwork] onto their system, then generate a PO and THEN the university pays the supplier/Upwork directly).

I have seen other advice related to qualifying clients, and within the US. Also, two of the other "qualifying criteria" are:

• Spent at least $1,000 in the last 12-months on Upwork
  • A record of on-time payments through Upwork

This is my first time using Upwork, and so these criteria cannot be met. However, can you provide any advice in the context of my query (i.e., non-US; university billing accounts)?

Thanks,

Daniel

Hello all, 

I am having a similar issue to all of the individuals in this thread. I work for a large hospital corporation and our payment administrator has denied the use of a credit card for payment, saying PO number is our only option. Similar to Daniel's note above, we have to set UpWork as a supplier, have a PO number generated by our corporation, then use that number to pay directly. 

This is our first time using UpWork so the criteria of spending >$1000 in UpWork or a record of on time payments is not applicable. Are there solutions to any of this? Will I not be able to use UpWork due to these payment restrictions? Please advise. If someone could please help create a ticket where I could talk to an in-person UpWork representative, that would be best. 

Thanks,

Emilia

Hi Emilia,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket to give your concern the attention it deserves. One of our agents will contact you soon with more information and to assist.

In the meantime, you may also consider using an alternative billing method for your account. You can find more information and detailed instructions in this help article. 

~ Arjay
Upwork

I work for a university and am seeking information on making payments on behalf of professors who are hiring for academic projects. I am not able to make electronic payments for services per university policy, so will it be possible to request an invoice and set up a purchase order to be paid at the completion of work? This is the only way that we are able to pay for contractors.

Hi Katy,

I work for a Uni also. Did you get sorted in this issue?

Best,

Daniel

24bdb281
Community Member

Hi Ben,

Was your problem sorted? I am running into the same issue.

Best,

Daniel

06d1ce47
Community Member

Hello all,

Has anyone gotten any answer on this? Currently in the same boat. We did not get approval to pay with our credit card and the only way we can pay is through a purchase order.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths