🐈
» Forums » Clients » Payment fix price
Page options
8942c6e6
Community Member

Payment fix price

Hello,

I have a question about the function of the payments:

I just hired an agency and we agreed fix prices on each phase. I put down a deposit to cover the first phase. I can see the correct amount on my credit card statement. I can also see the escrow amount.

The button "pay now" is still visible on this phase. Why is that? How does it work correctly?

Thank you for your answer. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Brigitte,

Once the freelancer submits their work you will have 14 days to take action on the payment request. If you approve the payment the funds from Escrow will be released to the freelancer.
Once the first milestone is paid then you can fund and activate the second milestone, ect ect. 
If you would like to learn more about Escrow and how it works, click Here. If something is still confusing, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Brigitte,

First I would like to confirm that this is by design and you can release the funds at any moment. But, the freelancer/agency still hasn't submitted their work for review. 

I would recommend releasing funds only after they have submitted their work on the milestone. Once the work is submitted you will have 14 days to review it and approve the payment or ask for revisions. To learn more about fixed price contracts and milestones check out this Help Article
If you have any additional questions, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran

Thank you very much. I did not doubt that this is by design. 

Unfortunaelty the help on this portal is very bad. 

As you certainly know one is obliged to pay a deposit. All milestones are set along with the fee that is due after the milestone is accepted by us. 

The question I have now is the following and it is only about the deposit which equals the first phase:

Do I still have to push the button to release the payment once I am happy with the result or will this release a second payment? 

Thank you for clarification and best regards,

Brigitte 

Hi Brigitte,

Once the freelancer submits their work you will have 14 days to take action on the payment request. If you approve the payment the funds from Escrow will be released to the freelancer.
Once the first milestone is paid then you can fund and activate the second milestone, ect ect. 
If you would like to learn more about Escrow and how it works, click Here. If something is still confusing, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Ok, now I understand. Thank you very much Goran. 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths