🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Payment for Freelancer
Page options
cf218660
Community Member

Payment for Freelancer

I recently got work done by a freelancer and I thought by ending the contract he would automatically be paid. I don't know where to find out what payments are pending. 

I may have ended the contract without approving his times.

I understand I can pay him a bonus in order to give him money but I don't want to double pay and I can't locate any information.

This is a specific issue to me and not a general one answerable by a FAQ bot

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you for your reply.

This was my first contract and I should have gone for a set fee rather tha billable hours as now there is a delay in paying the freelancer.

He did a great job and I am keen for him to have confidence he is going to get paid. This was his first time will billable hours as well so he is probably not used to a delay in payment.

Is it possible to let him know when and how much he will be paid for his work?

Thank You

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Pilgrims,

I checked and it seems that you already closed the contract. Regarding the payments itself, you don't have to do anything and you will be automatically invoiced according to the Weekly Billing cycle. Feel free to follow up if you have further questions.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you for your reply.

This was my first contract and I should have gone for a set fee rather tha billable hours as now there is a delay in paying the freelancer.

He did a great job and I am keen for him to have confidence he is going to get paid. This was his first time will billable hours as well so he is probably not used to a delay in payment.

Is it possible to let him know when and how much he will be paid for his work?

Thank You

Hi Pilgrims,

Thanks for following up. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you

Latest Articles
Learning Paths