🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Payment for first hire
Page options
f431e6a2
Community Member

Payment for first hire

I am new on upwork and I am going to hire my first freelancer. Can someone please advise the best methods to pay for a fixed cost contract milestone?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Nilanjan,

Please check this help article to learn more about how you can make payments and about Milestones for fixed-price jobs. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi NIlanjan, 

You may check this help article to know which payment methods are available on Upwork. 

~ Avery
Upwork
f431e6a2
Community Member

Thanks Avery, however the URL that you shared gives information on getting paid. I am a client and need to learn paying to the freelancer. Thanks 🙂

eplharpreet
Community Member

Dear Nilanjan,

Greetings!!

You can create multiple milestones as per the tasks and once the task is completed by freelancer and you are satisfied on it you can release the payment. That way you will get best results. Reply me for more information. 

Thanks

Thank you Harpreet, that's a great idea 🙂

dtomsen
Community Member

I suggest you to talk with the freelancer too. i Had done similar jobs as a freelancer,and at the same time,i had done that as a client too.

JoanneP

Hi Nilanjan,

Please check this help article to learn more about how you can make payments and about Milestones for fixed-price jobs. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
f431e6a2
Community Member

Thank you so much Joanne, this is exactly what I was looking to learn... 

However, may I add that, from a freelancer point of view, when doing a simple fixed rate task, it's much better not to have a milestone contract: very offen, this just means that the client  is not going  to close the  contract after the job is done and that a few weeks later you'll have to beg him to close the contract (and leave feedback, of course).

81e024b7
Community Member

Dear Joanne ,

I found your message through the community, I am having problems with hiring somebody, because although I verified all my payment information , I get an error message than an error has occured. Any idea who I should contact to check this?

thank you

Hi John,

Please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser. Our team will also reach out to you via ticket and assist you further. You can access your tickets on this Link, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths