🐈
» Forums » Clients » Payment for work
Page options
984ab079
Community Member

Payment for work

Hello, dear Up Work community!

I faced a problem with payments on my client's account and I'd like to ask - Is that possible to pay all the amount per mounth, not for week? 

2 REPLIES 2
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Mariia,

You can use Fixed Price contracts for monthly payments. When you`re setting up a fixed price contract you will deposit the funds in Escrow. 
Escrow is a neutral holding place where we put money aside until the project, or piece of the project, is done. The funds stay there until your freelancer or agency fulfills their obligations and you say you are satisfied those obligations are met and release them. To learn more about this, check out this Help Article.

You can also use milestones to divide your fixed-price job into a series of phases, due dates, or deliverables based on your needs. Milestones are individually funded, and provide a way to work through a large project in smaller steps. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
tta192
Community Member

You can choose any frequency you wish: monthly, quarterly even yearly, as long as you pay in advance. At the start of the month you pay the freelancer a bonus (even on a closed contract) to cover future work until the next billing date you prefer. Now you'll only get one invoice per billing cycle. You may have to do small adjustments every time based on activity but really the only downside is you'll have to use an alternative method for the freelancer to log time.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths