🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Payment method decline for Indian Users
Page options
b0bddd65
Community Member

Payment method decline for Indian Users

I am continuously facing issues while making payments though my Master/Visa Card. Every time I make payment, I have to enter all the detials of the card, otherwise it declines the payement. Also, sometimes the card doesn’t work and sometimes it does work.

I contected both Upwork supports and Bank but non of them were able to help me. Some of my colleagues are also facing this issue. It seems like Indian Cards are declining the payments for Upwork platofrm becuase of security reasons. I can make all the international transcitons on other platforms but only facing issues while making payments for Upwork.

If you all are also facing this issue then Upvote, specially Indian clients. 

10 REPLIES 10
spectralua
Community Member

As option you can use Paypal. 

Even Paypal doesn’t work.

If you're experiencing issues with both your Master/Visa Card and PayPal, it may be worth trying a different payment method altogether, such as a bank transfer or a different credit card or debit card.

You may also want to try contacting your bank or PayPal customer support directly to see if there are any issues with your account that may be causing the payment failures. They may be able to provide more specific guidance on how to resolve the issue or lift any restrictions on your account.

If you continue to experience payment issues despite trying different payment methods and contacting your bank or PayPal support, you may want to consider contacting Upwork customer support again to see if they can offer any additional guidance or support.

Yes even PayPal does not work 

sajal36
Community Member

I believe as per new Indian credit card / debit card financial guideline, all online payment companies are required to follow the tokenisation and cannot store the credit card. In case you have not tokeniesed than you will be required to enter complete details for every transaction.

b0bddd65
Community Member

This sounds interesting. Can you please give more detials about how to "tokenise" so that I don't have to add the details again and again.

Kind Regards

You are correct that in accordance with the new Indian credit card/debit card financial guidelines, all online payment companies are required to follow tokenization and cannot store the credit card details of customers. Tokenization is a process where sensitive data such as credit card information is replaced with a unique identification code called a token, which is used for future transactions.

As a result, you may need to enter your credit card details for every transaction on Upwork, even if you have used the same card before. This is a security measure intended to protect your card information and prevent fraudulent transactions.

If you continue to experience payment issues despite entering your complete card details for each transaction, you may want to consider contacting your bank or credit card company to ensure there are no issues with your account, or contacting Upwork customer support for further assistance.

Tokenization is a process that replaces sensitive data, such as credit card details, with a unique identification code called a token. Once tokenized, the original data is securely stored by a payment gateway or processor, while the token is used for future transactions.

To use tokenization on Upwork, you can add a payment method such as a credit card or PayPal account to your account. When you make a payment, the payment gateway or processor will tokenize your credit card information, and the token will be used for future transactions.

To add a payment method on Upwork, you can follow these steps:

1. Go to your account settings by clicking on your profile picture and selecting "Settings."

2. Under "Billing Methods," click on "Add a Method."

3. Select your payment method, such as a credit card or PayPal account.

4. Enter your payment details, such as your credit card number or PayPal email address.

5. Click "Save."

Once you have added a payment method, you can use it to make payments on Upwork. When you make a payment, the payment gateway or processor will tokenize your credit card information, and the token will be used for future transactions. This means that you will not have to enter your credit card details again for future payments, unless your card details change or you use a different payment method.

2e793e5b
Community Member

I understand that you are experiencing difficulties making payments on Upwork using your Master/Visa Card and that you have contacted both Upwork support and your bank but have not received a satisfactory resolution.

This issue may be related to security measures put in place by your bank or credit card company to prevent fraudulent transactions. To resolve this issue, you may want to try the following steps:

1. Contact your bank or credit card company to inform them of the issue and ask if there are any restrictions or security measures in place that could be causing the problem. They may be able to provide guidance on how to resolve the issue or lift any restrictions.

2. Consider using a different payment method, such as PayPal or a bank transfer, to make payments on Upwork.

3. Check that your account information is up to date and accurate, including your billing address and card details.

4. Clear your browser's cache and cookies, or try using a different browser to see if that resolves the issue.

If these steps do not resolve the issue, you may want to consider contacting Upwork customer support again to see if they can offer any additional guidance or support.

34a80a31
Community Member

PayPal also does not work..

Latest Articles
Learning Paths