🐈
» Forums » Clients » Payment not authorised
Page options
744748c5
Community Member

Payment not authorised

Hi 

i have a contract that is on pause, my invoice came today on an email and i see that before i could even dispute it upwork tried to debit my account, the payment bounced because i had insufficient funds, i had told the freelancer /company that i dont have the funds right now and that the price of the budget for the application is too high and i will have to get the funds first before kicking off the project. this is the 1st week of the project and they are already billing me even though i clearly stated to hold on the project because i am not comfortable with the budget of the application

3 REPLIES 3
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rowen,

Looks like you pleased the pause on the contract today, while the hours were logged previous week for this contract. 

On an hourly contract, your freelancer log hours and you're automatically billed for them. On Monday you were invoiced for the previous week's hours based on your freelancers' Work Diaries. Your default billing method was charged automatically. If there's an issue, you have until Friday to file a dispute. You can also discuss this with your freelancer prior to taking any action on the contract itself, in order to achieve mutual agreement.

Click here to learn more about the weekly billing cycle.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance, we'd be happy to help!

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
744748c5
Community Member

Hi

Correct I paused it yesterday.

There is no option to dispute the payment on the upwork site because payment itself has not gone off my account because it bounce due to insufficient funds.

We advised the freelance last week to place everything on hold, this was on the 4th of March.

We still needed to agree on the budget of the project, which was not agreed upon as yet. The freelancers advised they already started doing work.

We then got the revised budget which fell way out our scope of payment which I immediately asked the freelancers to stop work.

But by this time they already logged work.

This is now a very odd situation where they started work without me signing off on the budget for this project.

I do not have the funds to even pay for the weeks work that was done. How do I proceed from here if there is no dispute button?

Thank you.

Hi Rowen,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with opening a dispute. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths