🐈
» Forums » Clients » Payment to my freelancer in Ukraine is being ...
Page options
897d8894
Community Member

Payment to my freelancer in Ukraine is being delayed

I thought the payment process was subject to a five-day security period and service fee on the freelancer's end.

Why is he being told he won't be paid until March 23, 2022?   That is 10 days after my credit card was charged.

He has now signed up for the Project Catalog but his application is pending.  How long will it take for him to be accepted?

3 REPLIES 3
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Christine, 

It looks like your contract with your freelancer is an hourly contract. Earnings on hourly contracts are processed according to the Weekly Billing Cycle. While you were charged last Monday for hours your freelancer logged on 03/07/2022-03/13/2022, clients have the opportunity to review the hours and dispute any hours logged in the previous week until Friday of every week. After Friday, your payment goes through a security period and will be processed to the freelancer's account on Wednesday, UTC. 

However, I want to share that 
we're offering expedited payments on hourly contracts for all talent who have a tax/profile address there in Ukraine and an account in good standing.

As long as the client's billing method can be charged successfully and the hours logged are not disputed, we'll apply the client's payment to the freelancer's Upwork account five days earlier if the freelancer resided in Ukraine at the start of the war. This means we'll apply the payment on Fridays at 5:00 AM UTC. Any eligible freelancer can withdraw their money anytime they prefer. If your freelancer is eligible, they will receive their earnings this Friday. You may read more about it here.

~ Avery
Upwork
897d8894
Community Member

I am requesting that my freelancer be paid as soon as possible.. he is in
Ukraine. What do you need from me in order to expedite the process?
Regards, Christine Thomas

Hi Christine,

Thank you for your message. I see that the funds on the contract are paid to the freelancer.

Thank you

Pradeep 

Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths