🐈
» Forums » Clients » Payment to the freelancer.
Page options
tristanshin
Community Member

Payment to the freelancer.

Hello! I have recently hired one ghostwriter to write a novel for me and paid 150$ in advance. Now my money is in escow, and I know Upwork tells me that I can pay my freelancer for the work that I authorize. I just wonder, because I am going to hire many more freelancers, whether it is possible to not pay freelancers at all if they produce a low quality of work. I pay relatively high price for the project, so I want it to be in a good quality. Is it possible to not pay my freelancer if his/her work is in a low quality? If so, how do I get my money back from the escow system?

Thank you.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Sunghoon,

When you hire a freelancer on a fixed price contract your funds are in Escrow. Once they have completed their tasks they will need to submit their work for a review. You will have 14 days to approve the payment or ask for revisions. Please keep in mind that if you do not take action after 14 days, the funds will be released to your freelancer.

To learn more about how you can request a refund for your funds in Escrow, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Sunghoon,

When you hire a freelancer on a fixed price contract your funds are in Escrow. Once they have completed their tasks they will need to submit their work for a review. You will have 14 days to approve the payment or ask for revisions. Please keep in mind that if you do not take action after 14 days, the funds will be released to your freelancer.

To learn more about how you can request a refund for your funds in Escrow, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths