🐈
» Forums » Clients » Payment weswap
Page options
654ed287
Community Member

Payment weswap

Hi, I am trying to understand the most cost effective way to pay a freelancer i am planning to hire. The price qouted to me is 1200usd (600 upfront and 600 after the job compleation). After reading the documentation I realied that $25 flat fee is best for me. It says a credit/debit card that is billed in your local currency is required. I have a local credit card in gbp which i think should work straighway.

However, i wonder, if i will be able to pay using a weswap mastercard in which i hold deposit in both currencies inclding usd as well as in gbp?

Also, lets say if i am paying in usd using my weswap mastercard, then would i still need to pay this $25 fee? 

Many thanks

1 REPLY 1
petra_r
Community Member

@Tanuj P wrote:
Hi, I am trying to understand the most cost effective way to pay a freelancer i am planning to hire. The price qouted to me is 1200usd (600 upfront and 600 after the job compleation). After reading the documentation I realied that $25 flat fee is best for me. It says a credit/debit card that is billed in your local currency is required. I have a local credit card in gbp which i think should work straighway.

However, i wonder, if i will be able to pay using a weswap mastercard in which i hold deposit in both currencies inclding usd as well as in gbp?

The $ 25 is per month, not a one off.

You can't use the Weswap Mastercard, it is a prepaid card and prepaid cards are not accepted. You have to use a credit card in your local currency.

By the way, do not pay anything upfront, especially not as a new client. The way Upwork is set up is that you pay an agreed part into Escrow, where it is safely held until the first milestone is reached as far as the work is concerned. Then you release it and fund the other half into Escrow until the project is complete.

Don't send money to a freelancer until you have something to show for it...

Latest Articles
Learning Paths