cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment

Vuk D Member Since: Jan 24, 2016
1 of 7

Hi. I'm new here, and i have a couple of questions. I made a post about a job, found an applicant, and i made an offer to him. Now, what im interested in is, upwork pulled money from my card upfront. Does that money stay safe in upwork (escrow), or is directly going to the applicant im hiring? 

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 7

It stays in Escow until you release it.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 7

That money is quite safe...

if the contractor does not do the job, the money will be returned to you.

4 of 7

I forgot to say it is a milestone, 50% of the payment if there is working rough beta for the first mile, and rest on finish. Thx a lot for the info, much appreciated. 

Aileen D Member Since: Mar 19, 2015
BEST ANSWER
5 of 7

Hi Vuk,

First off, welcome to Upwork!

Your money will stay safe in Upwork while the contract is ongoing. It will only be transferred to the person you hired once you give your approval or permission to release the funds. The client is always in control of the funds.

I hope this answer helps. Have a nice day!

Aileen

6 of 7

Thanks Smiley Happy
So if i got it straight, it's the same as total payment if they reach the milestone, i still have to approve or funds go immediatelly? 

Aileen D Member Since: Mar 19, 2015
7 of 7

You have to approve or give your permission to release the funds to your contractor. Once the contractor submitted his/her work and requested transfer of funds, Upwork will inform you through email. If you have no complains during the review days done by Upwork and you didn't do anything against it, Upwork will assume everything is in good faith thus the funds will automatically transfer to your contractor. It happened to me before. I did what my client told me to do and submitted the work on time. I waited for him for weeks to release the funds but he never responded to any of my emails. After waiting for almost a month, I decided to request release of funds. He still never contacted me about it so Upwork released the funds for me. Though I got paid, I am left wondering where he went since I never heard from him again.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS