🐈
» Forums » Clients » Payments
Page options
d4864830
Community Member

Payments

I want to pay for an hourly contract fees Total USD$250, Now I have paid USD$250 by make bonus payments. and Please help me confirm whether the hourly contract fees Total USD$250 will be charged again. How should I operate it?  Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hardy,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I want to pay for an hourly contract fees Total USD$250, Now I have paid USD$250 by make bonus payments. and Please help me confirm whether the hourly contract fees Total USD$250 will be charged again. How should I operate it?"

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer:

If you hired a freelancer who logged time on an hourly contract properly, then all of the time he logged will be charged to your credit card AUTOMATICALLY. If he did $250 worth of work, you will be charged that amount without you needing to do anything.

If you also used the bonus tool to proactively pay the freelancer, it means you will have paid him twice.

What should you do? In the future, realize you don't need to pay a bonus if the freelancer is using the Upwork time-tracking tools properly.

If you have paid twice, the simplest thing to do is ask the freelancer to wait until he sees the double payments show up on his end, and then have him use his refund tool to send you a $250 refund.

Or you can do nothing and tell the freelancer to keep the extra payment as a true bonus.

IF the freelancer is a complete newbie who did not actually log any time, then the freelancer made a mistake in how he used Upwork and your bonus payment will be the only payment he receives. If that is what happened, then you are a nice client. But it is better to explain to an ignorant freelancer how to use the time-tracking tools properly, rather than using the pay bonus tool.

Know this: As a client, you can always check the freelancer's work diaries to see how much time they have logged. So you are always able to see if a freelancer is logging time properly and will be paid automatically.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths