🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Paypal Payment
Page options
bc818064
Community Member

Paypal Payment

I have verified my paypal account but still unable to add paypal as a billing method

9 REPLIES 9
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Wangui, 

I wanted to double check on the error you are getting when you add Paypal as a billing method? Please check if you meet the following requirements to be able to add Paypal as a billing method: 

• You must have a verified, active PayPal account in good standing
  • You must have an active Billing Agreement with Upwork — this billing agreement is signed as part of the add PayPal flow on Upwork
  • Your PayPal account must not be a student account
  • Your PayPal account must be set up with a primary and back-up payment method

You may read up on this help article for more information about adding Paypal as a billing method. Let us know if you will need further assistance!

~ Avery
Upwork
bc818064
Community Member

It seems i have not met the requirements.

However, when i add my main card, i get an error
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Wangui, 

What's the error you are getting when you're trying to add your card? 

I'd would like to note that the system currently accepts Visa, Discover, Mastercard, and American Express. Virtual, gift and prepaid cards are not accepted.

You may visit this link for more information on adding billing methods to your Upwork account. 

~ Avery
Upwork
bc818064
Community Member

Am adding a master card.

There was a problem charging your billing method. Please enter a new billing method and try again.

This is what i have been getting since yesterday and thus am not even able to hire freelancers
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Wangui, 

I wanted to double check if the mastercard your were adding is a debit or credit card? 

~ Avery
Upwork
bc818064
Community Member

it is a mastercard debit card
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Wangui, 

It looks like you were able to add a billing method to your account. Just the same, a member of the Customer Support Team will assist you with troubleshooting your billing method.

~ Avery
Upwork
bc818064
Community Member

How ill that be done

Hi Wangui,

Our team member has already reached out to you via ticket to assist you further, you can access your tickets on this Link. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths