cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Paypal charge fails

Timm M Member Since: Jul 9, 2018
1 of 51

I have a verified paypal account, which is linked to my upwork account. I can see in my paypal account the billing agreement with upwork escrow. Still when Upwork tried to charge it says on the upwork page "charge failed". In paypal I can't even see that any attempt was made. How can I get more information what is wrong? (other payments via paypal have always been fine)

And **Edited for community guidelines**, I can't contact upwork in any other way than this forum (within help this is the only option, and their email is a "donotreply"...), but they only give me a deadline of 4 days?

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
2 of 51

Hi Timm, 

I've shared your concern with our team and one of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you further, thank you for your patience!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Jens K Member Since: Jul 9, 2018
3 of 51

Hello,

it says paypal charge failed, if I want to pay my hourly freelancers. Fixed price charged worked this afternoon. Please help asap!

Thanks!

Community Guru
Ryan C Member Since: Feb 3, 2017
4 of 51

Hello Jen, 

I have escalated your request with the team. One of our team members will reach out to you shortly. 

Thank you.

Untitled
Claudio A Member Since: Jul 30, 2018
5 of 51

Hi I am having the same problem 2 weeks ago it was working fine... last week and today am unable to pay my freelancers please help. Have used Paypal and both Company bank Mastercards, not working...

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
6 of 51

Hi Claudio,

One of our customer support agents will reach out to you directly and assist you further, thank you.

Untitled
Uwe F Member Since: Apr 12, 2019
7 of 51

I am having the same problem: paypal charge failed, pls help. 

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
8 of 51

Hi Uwe,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further, thank you.

Untitled
Igor B Member Since: Sep 26, 2017
9 of 51

Hello.

I have the same problem with Timm.

This is my first time to hire a freelancer.

But when I added the billing method, there were shown that PayPal charges failed.

Could you solve this problem?

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
10 of 51

Hi Igor,

One of our team members will reach out to you shortly and assist you directly, thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS