🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Paypal charge fails
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439
f9e4a9f9
Community Member

hello

iam also having the same problem: paypal charge failed, please help. 

Hi Sai,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via support ticket, thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
f9e4a9f9
Community Member

tried with another card,.. still faceing same problem... my cards are working fine with other websites..

is it payment gateway problem?

Hi Sai,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. I checked and it seems that you already have an open ticket regarding the issue you are experiencing. I already followed up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update on your ticket in a timely manner.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
0fe0b50d
Community Member

Hi

I have same issue

"I have a verified paypal account, which is linked to my upwork account. I can see in my paypal account the billing agreement with upwork escrow. Still when Upwork tried to charge it says on the upwork page "charge failed". In paypal I can't even see that any attempt was made. How can I get more information what is wrong? (other payments via paypal have always been fine)"

Please help

Hi Sam,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via support ticket, thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

I am having the same problem: paypal charge failed, pls help.

HI Jorgji, 

I checked your account and it looks like you need to add an alternative payment method to your PayPal wallet in order to add your PayPal account as a billing method on Upwork. Please try these steps, and retry the transaction to see if the issue will persist.

~ Avery
Upwork

Thank you for your email, but I don`t have another bank account to add on
my Paypal. what can I do in this situation

Hi Jorgji,

Could you please check your PayPal account and the preferred payment methods you have set in your Wallet. You may also contact PayPal customer support to check if your account is set up correctly.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
700409d7
Community Member

I am having the same issue. PayPal not working and upwork doesn't accept prepaid credit cards. My debit card also is not working with upwork. Can you please help.

Hi Mohammed,

One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Timm,

I am having the same problem. Please could you help?

Thanks

Hi Wayne,

Could you please check your PayPal account and the preferred payment methods you have set in your Wallet. You may also contact PayPal customer support to check if your account is set up correctly.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

hi , i just created a  freelancer account 2 days ago and a agency account as well ,the problem is i am out of connects and i get the profile is on hold for id verification  notification on bot profiles and i am also unable to buy connects or membership for any of my account  my paypal is also connected with both and i have connected my debit cards as well but everytime i try to but a membership or connects i recieve same notification of charge failed  for both cards and paypal ,please help me ,my paypal account is also 2 days old only but my cards are working for over a year both domestically and globally , i need fast help as i might be loosing a lot of work.

thanks

Hi Mohammad Aarish,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Having same issue

Hi Ashvin, 

In order to use Paypal as a billing method on Upwork, your Paypal account must have a linked credit or debit card for recurring payments (for example, for membership fees). For cases like this, a funding source is required to add Paypal as a billing method. You can also check the options available to you and learn more about acceptable billing methods.  

~ Nikola
Upwork

I am having the same issue. Have you solved it?

Hi Maximilian, 

I'm sorry that you're having trouble. I requested someone from our customer support team to

assist you directly. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
7e354749
Community Member

hello i'm having the same problem could you please get sombody to contact us

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Giorgio,

One of our team members will reach out to you and assist you further, thank you for reaching out to us!

~ Bojan
Upwork
4c1926c4
Community Member

I'm having the same problem. Would like to hire a freelancer asap. Can you help me. 

Hi Jop,

Yes, our team will reach out to you shortly and assist you further with this. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

My client also has the same problem, how can we resolve it?
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi John,

Your client will need to contact us directly here or our customer support so that we can assist him with this. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Interesting.  Where is that information found?

cd32faba
Community Member

"Thank you for reaching out to us." Come on. This is a business and the right person should be ditectly contactable. Not hit and miss through a third party.

Probably still waiting for":the team." Also how will you know it is correct advice.

Hi Iris,

You can reach out to our customer support directly on this Link, our team will also create a ticket for you where you can share more private details so that we can assist you further.

I`m not sure if you`re having any issues with your billing method, if you would like to get help in our community here please summarize your issue and share more details with us.
If you have any additional questions feel free to post them here, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

My paypal charge failed due to insufficient balance in paypal. but as i have recharged, it is still not working. i am hiring a person . please guide. 

Hi Nabeel,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via ticket and assist you further with this. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, 

I'm having the same problem.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Baha'a,

Our team will reach out to you as well and assist you further with this. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello,

I have the same problem...when I added the billing method, there were shown that PayPal charge failed.

Please help solve this problem?

Hi Jenny,

Our team will reach out to you directly and assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

See this is not something the community should be able to tell you!. Why dont they have a company support person to handle these things. I am not happy that there is no direct

company structure.

Good luck.

Getting the same problem.  What do I need to do?

Hi Daniel,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly and assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Same problem

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths