🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Paypal charge fails
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Simon, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi, I am having teh same issue with Paypal payments not going through. Your assistance would be appreciated.

Hi Akeem,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket and assist you further with your concern, thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi, 
I have the same problem with PayPal. Could you please help me to solve this issue?

Hi Mike and Joanna,

Mike, our team already reached out to you via support ticket to assist you further. Kindly, follow up on the ticket and our team will be able to assist you with your request.

Joanna, our team also already reached out to you directly via support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar D.

I have the same problem, when I'm trying to add new connects via paypal, they tell me that the charge was failed.

Thank you,
Abdelrhman

Hi Abdelrhman,

Please check this help article for more information about what kind of PayPal accounts are acceptable for paying for membership. Also, Please refer to this help article on PayPal's site for more information on how to verify your PayPal account.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
571fcf09
Community Member

Hi 
I have the same problem, when I'm trying to add new connects via paypal, they tell me that the charge was failed.

Thank you,

Hi Jitendra,

One of our team members will reach out to you as well and assist you further with your connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I'm having the same issue. Keep trying to hire someone but it won't allow me to add my paypal to the account, saying "charge failed". Unsure what to do.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ethan, 

You may need to add an alternative payment method to your PayPal wallet in order to add your PayPal account as a payment method on Upwork.

~ Avery
Upwork
d69efb35
Community Member

Hi,

I am not able pay with paypal as well.

I have already paid for 2 milestones with Paypal

Help

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Arafat.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
d69efb35
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

So far nobody has contacted me to resolve this issue

Please support

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update, Arafat.

I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect one of our agents to reach out to you directly via support ticket as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
9c5d3a10
Community Member

Hello,

I also have the same problem "Charge failed".

I added my PayPal and I paid $40 to escrow without a problem for one freelance writer. Then, I wanted to hire another freelancer for the same project, but every time I try to put $50 into escrow, I get an error. 

My PayPal is verified.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Yordan.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your failed charge issue. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
mpeshev
Community Member

I'm facing the same problem and my account will be blocked in 2 days!

I had to schedule an appointment with the bank but as others have noted above, no attempts for charging have been marked in my credit card statement. 

I've been paying via PayPal for years until Aug 05. Last week, PayPal failed, but I managed to pay with my CC. Today, neither PayPal nor CC works, and I don't have a legitimate way to pay.

Please revise that immediately, Upwork folks, or otherwise, 15 contractors will miss their weekly payment or worse.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Thank you for the details Mario.

I`ve escalated your concern to our team. One of our team members will update your new ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your account.

~ Goran
Upwork

We are facing same issue, please resolve asap.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Virtual,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your payment method concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
9dfd7300
Community Member

Same problem for me.. Is there really any help was offered for all those people posting about this problem before? 

Hi Sergei,

I checked your account and it looks like you have already added your billing method. Are you still having issues funding milestones using it? 

~ Joanne
Upwork
9dfd7300
Community Member

Hi,

Yes, now is ok. I changed Paypal settings from the My account menu and it
working fine, but when I tried to pay from the freelancer offer it always
failed.

Hi Sergei,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with paying your freelancer. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello,

I had the same issue, then I went to the payment section removed all billing information and added them and it worked.

HI Upwork , Community Team,

to me also after adding PayPal account showing as "Charge Failed", there is no further information on how to resolve the problem, it has been almost 3 days. 

Could you please help me with how to get rid of the charge failed error?

Hi Suresh,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

hey,

im not able to pay a freelancer... my paypal account is added but there is only charge failed.. please help asap

thank you.

Michael

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Michael.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your request.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi,

I am having the same issues while trying to connect my PayPal account. It shows Charge failed.

Please help!

Thanks,

Chandu

Hi Chandu,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello, i can't pay for the agency, "Charge failed"

King Regards,

Anghel Alexandru.

Hi Anghel,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello!

I have the same issue "charge failed "

Please help me.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Gunasekaran, 

I checked your account, you may need to add an alternative payment method to your PayPal wallet in order to add your PayPal account as a payment method on Upwork.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello Avery O!

I have already tried 3 different types of cards but still now not working.

What to do?

Hi Gunasekaran,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I can't open a support ticket, but I have the same issue, "charge failed" with my paypal account.

Can the support team contact me ?

Hi Stifu,

One of our team members will reach out to you via a support ticket and assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths