🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Paypal charge fails
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439

I am facing the same problem

Hi Palash,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I have the same issue please help I have to upgrade my agency account

Hi Dilip,

Our team will reach out to you as well and assist you further with your membership plan. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am have the same problem "charges failed".

Hi Ashish, 

It looks like you already have an open ticket for the same concern. The team handling your case will continue assisting you through your open ticket. Feel free to follow up on the same ticket thread if you have further questions regarding your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
shahantm
Community Member

Hello, dear support!

I have the same issue, "charge failed" with my PayPal account. Please help me ASAP

Thank you!

Hi Max,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your PayPal account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am facing the same issue. My credit card and Payal payments are failing.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rami,

I checked this for you and it looks like your recent charge was successful. Feel free to reach back to us if you still need any assistance, we'd be happy to help.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I just added my billing method, but im unable to buy connects it throw me a warning like "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later." then i checked the billing methods it shows " charge fails" under paypal. Kindly look into this.

Hi there,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further with adding your billing method. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
f9d76016
Community Member

Hello,i have the same issue , I want to hire a freelancer so i am unable to pay the fixed price by paypal I can connect the paypal account successfully and it shows in paypal the connection to upwork.When i click the hire button and then want to confirm the payment an error occurs.Please reply me as early as possible to solve this issue on time

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Naeem,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with setting up your billing method.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Same here, will it better to explain the issue and solution in this public thread? so we all could learn? 

Hi Wildan,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and assist you further with your PayPal account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have a verified PayPal account, which is linked to my Upwork account. I can see in my PayPal account the billing agreement with Upwork escrow. Still when Upwork tried to charge it says on the Upwork page "charge failed".

How can I purchase new connects and get started with Upwork?

Please help me with this

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ankush,

Could you please contact PayPal customer support to check if your PayPal account is set up correctly and check the preferred payment methods you have set in your Wallet. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

After a long time interviewing freelancers, I would like to hire a freelancer and it is not possible to make an offer because it tells me that there is "Charge Failed"!

I have contacted your customer service since 12.july and they have even asked me (Client) to go through an ID verification process and despite all these and lots of emails back and forth, I still can not make an offer!
By the way, I have contacted my bank and every thing is OK from my side. 
I need an immediate solution as I have attempted for about 10 times up to now to connect my Mastercard or Paypal accounts and no success to make an offer.

The ticket number is: #29148998

Hi Mohammad,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this has caused you. Rest assured our team will update your ticket with more details as soon as possible and will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Same problem with my account too..

Hi Sandeep,

In order to use Paypal as a billing method on Upwork, your Paypal account must have a linked credit or debit card for recurring payments (for example, for membership fees). For cases like this, a funding source is required to add Paypal as a billing method.

Please check the options available to you and learn more about acceptable billing methods.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I have linked my Paypal verified account to Upwork and it shows "Charge failed".

Please help me to figure out this error.

Hi Soham, 

I checked your account and can confirm this transaction was declined. You may need to add an alternative payment method to your PayPal wallet in order to add your PayPal account as a payment method on Upwork.

~ Avery
Upwork
hadil_m
Community Member

I have same issue. I have tried all my cards and paypal option. Nothing works. Please help me.

Hi Hadil,

I have checked your account and see that the transaction was declined by PayPal. Could you please retry the transaction using an alternative payment method from your PayPal wallet?

~ Joanne
Upwork

Same issue. Added new card to paypal, which successfully made a test payment.

Indian debit cards require OTP make a payment. Maybe upwork isn't handling OTP well ?

Hi Nikhil,

I checked and it looks like PayPal declined the transaction, could you please try using an alternative payment method from your PayPal wallet?

~Andrea
Upwork

I can't send more proposals because I have no connections, so I decided to buy connections.

I added paypal, but I can't charge from paypal.

What is the issue?

I am also purchasing connects using PayPal. I didn't find any issues. I think @David, you need to recheck once and then proceed or you can also talk to PayPal support and I can assure you that they will resolve your problem asap.

Hi David,

I checked and it looks like PayPal has declined the transaction, could you please try using an alternative payment method from your PayPal wallet? You can also check out this help article for more information on the available Billing Methods for purchasing Connects.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

I have the same issue. Any resolution?

Hi Arif, 

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
jkoshy
Community Member

I am having the same issue when trying to buy connects.

Hi Johny,

I checked and it looks like PayPal has declined the transaction. Please try using an alternative payment method from your PayPal wallet. You can contact PayPal support in case you need help setting up your account. You can also check out this help article for more information on the available billing methods for purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
saurav_dev
Community Member

Again I am facing the same issue where on trying to buying the connects,i reach to payment gateway and after entering the bank OTP it gets redirected to connect page with message "click add button".
I am running low on connects and not able to bid proposals.

Hi Saurav,

Could you please retry using a different browser or clearing your cache and cookies? If you still run into the same issue, please let us know. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne,

I already tried clearing cache but againg some issue and with diffrent browser,not working.

Hi Saurav,

I'm sorry that it still did not help solve the problem. I have requested assistance from our team. One of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
af047d0d
Community Member

I want to buy connects with Membership Plan but when i use my debit card, it shows that "We are unable to authorize your card. please add another billing mehod or contact your issuing bank. But when use PayPal Method its also shows " Charge failed".

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths