Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal charge fails

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
141 of 149

Hi Ankush,

Could you please contact PayPal customer support to check if your PayPal account is set up correctly and check the preferred payment methods you have set in your Wallet. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Mohammad Amin Y Member Since: Jul 13, 2020
142 of 149

After a long time interviewing freelancers, I would like to hire a freelancer and it is not possible to make an offer because it tells me that there is "Charge Failed"!

I have contacted your customer service since 12.july and they have even asked me (Client) to go through an ID verification process and despite all these and lots of emails back and forth, I still can not make an offer!
By the way, I have contacted my bank and every thing is OK from my side. 
I need an immediate solution as I have attempted for about 10 times up to now to connect my Mastercard or Paypal accounts and no success to make an offer.

The ticket number is: #29148998

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
143 of 149

Hi Mohammad,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this has caused you. Rest assured our team will update your ticket with more details as soon as possible and will assist you further. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Sandeep P Member Since: Jul 27, 2020
144 of 149

Same problem with my account too..

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
145 of 149

Hi Sandeep,

In order to use Paypal as a billing method on Upwork, your Paypal account must have a linked credit or debit card for recurring payments (for example, for membership fees). For cases like this, a funding source is required to add Paypal as a billing method.

Please check the options available to you and learn more about acceptable billing methods.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Soham P Member Since: Jun 18, 2020
146 of 149

I have linked my Paypal verified account to Upwork and it shows "Charge failed".

Please help me to figure out this error.

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
147 of 149

Hi Soham, 

I checked your account and can confirm this transaction was declined. You may need to add an alternative payment method to your PayPal wallet in order to add your PayPal account as a payment method on Upwork.

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Hadil M Member Since: Jun 13, 2016
148 of 149

I have same issue. I have tried all my cards and paypal option. Nothing works. Please help me.

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
149 of 149

Hi Hadil,

I have checked your account and see that the transaction was declined by PayPal. Could you please retry the transaction using an alternative payment method from your PayPal wallet?

-Joanne
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS