🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Paypal not verified?
Page options
40d049a9
Community Member

Paypal not verified?

Have been using it for 10+ yrs and now they say it isnt verified.. went to paypal and saw my card was verified. Not sure how to proceed.

79 REPLIES 79

Hi Jay,

Thank you for your message. Please reach out to Paypal support to check the status of your Paypal account and try again once the issue is resolved.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
648a6084
Community Member

My PayPal account also isn't verified and I don't understand why? Used it just a week ago and everything worked fine. But tried to buy connects via PayPal and couldn't

Hi Sofiya,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
538e5978
Community Member

I have the same reason - 2023, I need help

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Thai, 

Does this happen when you try to clear your browser's cookies? What's the error you get when you try to upload it? 

~ Avery
Upwork
538e5978
Community Member

Hi Avery O

No,  i didn't delete any browser cookies I am using it upwork says paypal not verified while checking paypal everything is ok

Hi Thai,

Thank you for your response and confirmation. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
538e5978
Community Member

up to now, i have changed my email to correct upwork email, but still no success, it's a waste of my time and work

538e5978_0-1675915777964.png

Hi Thai,

Thank you for your message. I can see that one of our team members is already reached you via a support ticket. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. You can also view and respond to the support ticket from the email notification sent to the registered email address. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,
Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Moderator, I followed the instructions in the support ticket, but it doesn't work, I still can't add my paypal card

Hi Thai,

I can see the team reached out to you regarding your PayPal here. Feel free to reply directly to the support ticket if you still need assistance. You can also reply via the email notification sent to your inbox.

~Andrea
Upwork
Community Member

Hi, I tried to connect my paypal account, but I am getting trouble to connect.

Please know that you need to use your own PayPal account. To use PayPal, you must make sure that your verified name on Upwork matches the name on your PayPal account.

I need help on this.

Thanks

Cliff A.

Hi Cliff,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
28455e46
Community Member

hello, could you check my account? i cant connect my paypal account. I want to start work on this platform. hope you will understand. thanks a lot from Kyiv

Hi Artem,

Can you please share more information about the error message you see whenever you try to add your PayPal account? You may also try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies. Also note that we only officially support the latest two versions of Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, and Apple Safari.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
f36e4a77
Community Member

the same problem, why and what can i do? With PayPal account everything okay

f36e4a77_0-1679076912226.png

Hi Liliia,

You can learn more about verified PayPal accounts here. If you're having trouble activating or verifying your PayPal account, please contact PayPal for help.

~Andrea
Upwork
5788277c
Community Member

Hi Upwork team,

Paypal not verified?

Same problem here, what can I do to solve this problem
5788277c_0-1679406647925.png

Thanks 

Hi Andres,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
2e793e5b
Community Member

If PayPal is telling you that your account is not verified, it could mean that there is an issue with the verification status of your account. Here are a few steps you can take to try and resolve the issue:

1. Double-check that the email from PayPal is legitimate. There are many phishing scams that try to trick you into giving up your personal information. Make sure the email you received is really from PayPal by looking at the sender's email address and checking for any red flags, such as misspellings or suspicious links.

2. Log in to your PayPal account and check your account settings to see if there are any issues with your account. Look for any notifications or alerts that may indicate a problem with your account verification status.

3. Contact PayPal customer service for assistance. You can contact PayPal customer service via phone, email, or live chat to get help with any account issues. They will be able to provide you with more information about why your account is not verified and how to resolve the issue.

4. Make sure your card is linked to your PayPal account and that it is verified. If your card is not verified, PayPal may not recognize it as a valid payment method.

5. If all else fails, you may need to create a new PayPal account with a different email address and link your card to that account.

Overall, it's important to remember that PayPal takes account security very seriously. If there is an issue with your account verification status, it may take some time to resolve, but it's worth taking the time to ensure that your account is secure and that your personal information is protected.

rizwantariq18
Community Member

I'm having the same problem. I've used Paypal for years, and all my cards are verified, and they still tell me: "We are sorry but we cannot setup PayPal as your payment method because it is not verified . Please verify your PayPal account or add a payment card.", When in fact all my payment methods are verified.

Hi Rizwan,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
rizwantariq18
Community Member

Hi Annie,
Thank you for your response, but I'm not able to see the ticket regarding to Paypal connectivity.

be91d133
Community Member

Hi Upwork, I'm having a problem buying connects because of this...

We are sorry but we cannot setup PayPal as your payment method because it is not 
verified. Please verify your PayPal account or add a payment card.

How can I fix this?

dc99d0fb
Community Member

Eh estado intentando suscribirme a freelancer plus, y me dice que no estoy verificado en paypal, y tengo todo correcto no entiendo. 

Captura de pantalla (70).png

We are sorry but we cannot setup PayPal as your payment method because it is not verified.

Hi Jonathan,

Did you make sure that your PayPal account is verified? You can learn more about verified PayPal accounts here. If you're having trouble activating or verifying your PayPal account, please contact PayPal for help.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
2ea9aca9
Community Member

Same issue. Paypal, used for years, verified account. Upwork fails to add, "account not verified" and link to non existing page.

Support is useless, sending msg on "how to verify paypal". 

Dear UPWORK - hundreds of clients having the same issues for months. Contractors awaiting payments.

Please fix it.  

xiaosage
Community Member

Same issue. Need help. Please.

I have used my PayPal account for many years.  

We are sorry but we cannot setup PayPal as your payment method because it is not verified. Please verify your PayPal account or add a payment card.

Hi Jianxing,

Thank you for your message. Please contact PayPal support to verify your account before you add a PayPal billing method.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

I don't know how to verify my PayPal account. It has worked well for many years. I Paid for connections and received money from Upwork in the past years.

Jianxing, as Pradeep mentioned, you will need to verify your PayPal account if you wish to use it. Check out this page from Paypal for more information on how you can verify your account, or contact PayPal support for assistance

~ Luiggi
Upwork
a2f1ce80
Community Member

hello, november 2023 and I have the same problem, could you help me paypal is the preferred method for everything and I have no other way to charge or pay.

also pay pal has already confirmed that the account is verified.

Community Member

hello, i have the same problem here, can't buy connect cause "We are sorry but we cannot setup PayPal as your payment method because it is not verified. Please verify your PayPal account or add a payment card."

Hi Aji,

You will need to have a verified Paypal account to use it as a billing method. To learn more about verifying and linking your PayPal account, go here. You can learn more in this help article

~ Joanne
Upwork
0e6e2f6e
Community Member

Why I can`t add my Paypal? I`m using PayPal more 1 years, haven`t any problem with transaction, but today Upwork told about some verification the PayPal account. What?

Who could help me?

Hi Vitalii,

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community. Freelancers with a verified PayPal account can use PayPal as their billing method. To learn more about verifying and linking your PayPal account, go here. It's also important to know that credit card needs to be added as a backup billing method if you plan to use PayPal to purchase Connects or pay for a membership plan.

However, I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket to give your concerns the attention they deserve. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork
a73c132c
Community Member

Hello, Arjay. My name is Roberto.

I faced the same issue.

I am from Philippines, and Upwork susupended my financial account saying that the payment method has some issue.

I contacted Paypal support and resolved the issue.

When I try to connect this Paypal account, upwork says that the paypal account is not verified.

How can I resolve this issue, and attach Paypal as payment method and restore financial account?

Hi Roberto,

Thank you for contacting us here in the Community and reporting this. However, it looks like the team has responded to the ticket you raised on this page, and as mentioned, we are happy to inform you that the hold placed on your account has been lifted as you have deleted the disputed payment method from your account.

Please visit that ticket or your email for more information. Don't hesitate to update the team if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
0e6e2f6e
Community Member

Hi, Arjay

I was talk yesterday with the PayPal support team, and they said in Ukraine PayPal  doesn`t provide business accounts. That`s why Upword doesn`t connect with Paypal accounts. That`s mean Upwork can only send payments to business accounts.  

Maybe my answer helps any one.

Arjay, thank you for help me. 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths