🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Paypal not verified?
Page options
40d049a9
Community Member

Paypal not verified?

Have been using it for 10+ yrs and now they say it isnt verified.. went to paypal and saw my card was verified. Not sure how to proceed.

79 REPLIES 79
40d049a9
Community Member

Gone to Add a Billing method > Paypal > logged in with correct info then the error from upwork says:

We are sorry but we cannot setup PayPal as your payment method because it is not verified. Please verify your PayPal account or add a credit or debit card.

After clicking the verified link - 

What does a Verified account status mean?

You can verify your account by either adding and confirming a bank account, or applying for and being approved for a PayPal Credit product.

Well, I have already done this. I need to move forward with project .. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Berendi, 

I checked your account and didn't see any issue with adding your Paypal account to your Upwork account. Could you please share any screenshot and more information about your issue so that our team can assist you? Please make sure to black out any private information when sharing your screen grab. 

~ Avery
Upwork
40d049a9
Community Member

2 images attached...

Paypal...I use this card via paypal all the time without problem - 

Hi Berendi,

Is your PayPal account verified? In order to be able to add PayPal as a billing method, you will need to have a verified PayPal account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Yes, which is why I included an attachment of the PayPal account. If it isn't verified, there's a warning message. This has been verified through the bank and the card , where they deposit small amounts and you tell them the amount. I am trying to call PayPal now and confirm via phone. 

Thank you for the follow up, Berendi,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have the same issue, even if my account has been verified since many years

Hi Jacopo,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Getting the paypal not verified message. I have been using this paypal for several years with no issues.  Please resolve.

We are sorry but we cannot setup PayPal as your payment method because it is not verified. Please verify your PayPal account or add a payment card.

Hi Sandeep,

I checked your account, and it looks like you have added your credit card as your billing method. Clients with a verified PayPal account have the ability to use PayPal as their billing method. To learn more about verifying and linking your PayPal account, click here.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Community Member

I am also having same issue. I am using paypal for 10 years and more and have no issue but other than Upwork, it seems like this is known issue and internet is filled with UPwork paypal issue.
I am trying las t couple of days to reach support keep bot showing bot only.

Hi there,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Respected Upwork Team,

I'm unable to add my PayPal Account. The same paypal account is linked with another upwork account. But when I'm trying to link on this account it says we can not setup it is not verified. But my PayPal account is verified and working. 

Thanks

Aadarsh

Hi Aadarsh,

Please know that you need to use your own PayPal account. To use PayPal, you must make sure that your verified name on Upwork matches the name on your PayPal account.

~Andrea
Upwork

I'm having the same problem. I've used Paypal for years, all my cards are verified, and they still thell me: "We are sorry but we cannot setup PayPal as your payment method because it is not verified. Please verify your PayPal account or add a payment card.", When in fach all my payment methods are verified.

Hello Aleksandar,

Can you assist me as well? It's super urgent and I have spent several hours past 2 days trying to get this functioning. PayPal is verified on my end, but I still get the error.

If Upwork does not help in the next 3 hours, I will have to resort to another way.

I'm having the same issue. Is there anyway I could speak to someone via support ticket? Thank you. 

Hi Demetrius,

I checked, and it seems like the payment method has been added already. Could you please share more information so I can check?

~ Joanne
Upwork
a6418e82
Community Member

Of course. So when I go to buy connects I always get the same message saying that paypal can't be setup becasue my payment method isn't verified. I've been through all the steps and have verifed everything yet I'm getting the message no matter what. I'm not sure what to do. 

Hi Demetrius,

Thanks for coming back here and sharing more information. I'm sorry that you are experiencing this trouble. I have requested our team's assistance. One of our agents will assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Respected Upwork Team,

I'm facing issue with my billing method. I have verified paypal account but it says we can not setup paypal because it is not verified. The same pame paypal account is linked with another upwork account. What happened to my account? Please check it.

Thanks,

Aadarsh

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Aadarsh, 

I checked your account, and I can see that while the Paypal account was recently deleted from your billing methods, it was successfully charged on the 17th of January. Here's more information about verifying your Paypal account. 

I can also see that you tried charging your credit card, but the transaction was declined. Kindly check this with your bank for more information why the transaction was declined. In the meantime, you can add an alternative billing method to your account.

~ Avery
Upwork
69bc2730
Community Member

Hi Thanks for reply,

I'm unable to add my PayPal Account. The same paypal account is linked with another upwork account. But when I'm trying to link on this account it says we can not setup it is not verified. But my PayPal account is verified and working. 

d4438643
Community Member

Hi Avery, I have the same problem when adding PayPal as a billing method, what should I do?

"We are sorry but we cannot setup PayPal as your payment method because it is not verified. Please verify your PayPal account or add a payment card. "

Hi Chuangwei,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I have checked and it looks like you recently just added your credit card as your billing method. Please note that clients with active, in good standing, and verified Paypal accounts have the ability to use it as their billing method.

To learn more about Adding your Paypal account, click here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
afd99dbf
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

I experienced the same error as the other users above.

I got stuck in a negative feedback loop and reluctantly provided another payment method (despite my preference for online payments to run through Paypal) 

The spiral of despair:

1.) Upwork seeing my Paypal status as unverified

2.) The link provided by Upwork to Paypal verification next steps saying (This page is no longer available) and

3.) After updating every Iota of outstanding details in my Paypal settings - selecting Paypal still does not work

This was a stressful experience for a first timer.

Hi William,

I'm sorry that you are having trouble adding your Paypal account. Have you tried to clear your cache and cookies or use a different browser? As confirmed by Arjay on this thread, if you have active, in good standing, and verified Paypal accounts have the ability to use it as your billing method. If the issue persists, please let us know. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
cef6be62
Community Member

I'm having the same problem. I've used Paypal for years, all my cards are verified, and they still thell me: "We are sorry but we cannot setup PayPal as your payment method because it is not verified . Please verify your PayPal account or add a payment card.", When in fach all my payment methods are verified.

Hu Jennifer,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please share a screenshot of the error message from your end so that we can check and assist you further? 

~ Nikola
Upwork
b41c96ec
Community Member

Hi. I am having this issue where I can't add my PayPal as a billing method in my client profile. In freelancer profile using same paypal account and it works. The error message I get similar to above messages, that paypal account is not verified. I tried to clear my cache already. Please advice what to do?

Hi Beck,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
3bbfb453
Community Member

Avery, why does my account gets blocked all the time after I post a job?

Hi Buppha,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
31c23e1b
Community Member

Hi, how are you? I'm having the same problem.. I can't pay conects because the Paypal account is'nt verify. Thanks!!

Hi Martin,

Thank you for reaching out to us. If you have a verified PayPal account, you can use PayPal as your billing method. If you're having trouble activating or verifying your PayPal account, please contact PayPal for help. To learn more about verifying and linking your PayPal account, you can also go here. Let us know if you still need further assistance after reviewing this information or following the process and we'll look further into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
6499ef63
Community Member

hi Avery!

i have the same problem also, then also my paypal account was verified. i received this error, "

We are sorry but we cannot setup PayPal as your payment method because it is not verified. Please verify your PayPal account or add a payment card."

Hi Jay,

Thank you for your message. I checked your account and noticed that you have already added Paypal as your withdrawal method and it is currently active.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

hello Pradeep,

i would like to buy a connects but this error keep showing that 

"

We are sorry but we cannot setup PayPal as your payment method because it is not verified. Please verify your PayPal account or add a payment card."

Latest Articles
Learning Paths