🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Paypal
Page options
Community Member

Paypal

I am Awinash. I have a verified PayPal account, which is linked to my work account. I can see in my Paypal account the billing agreement with upwork escrow. Still when Upwork tried to charge it says on the work page "charge failed".

I am not able to hire my client, what's the problem,
In paypal I can't even see that any attempt was made. How can I get more information about what is wrong? (other payments via PayPal have always been fine)

And **Edited for community guidelines**, I can't contact work in any other way than this forum.

Thanks Awinash

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Awinash,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your PayPal account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Awinash,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your PayPal account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
85961ecb
Community Member

I am having the same problem. There are so many people on threads in here with this issue, why can UpWork not resolve this? There's obviously an issue!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Erika,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you're experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
85961ecb
Community Member

This issue is persisting! Please check it now - I have the "charge failed"
notice on it right now.

VERY difficult issue and I need this resolved ASAP. I do not want to keep
paying with my credit card. I have tried different browsers, clearing
cache, restarting computer, etc. With so many of your clients experiencing
this it is clearly an issue on UpWork's end.

Please look into this and let me know when it is resolved.

Thank you!
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Erika,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
ac64951a
Community Member

I have same problem...I use PayPal all the time and have multiple cards linked and verified and I can't pay the person I hire

Hi Brad,

Thank you for your message. I do not see any Paypal payment method added to your account yet. If you are requesting assistance for another account, could you please click on my picture next to this post and send me a private message with the registered email address for that account so I assist you in a better way?

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Upwork

Thanks for your response. You don't see a Paypal linked to my account
because your website won't accept my PayPal despite multiple attempts. I'll
include screenshot of the error msg. This is for account linked to:
**Edited for Community Guidelines** 

Hello Brad,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Upwork
04cd0572
Community Member

I'm unale to pay throught my Master card or Visa or PayPal . I connect to the support but didn't resolve my problem yet.

Hi Abhinav,

Thank you for your message. I checked and the transaction did not complete with the selected payment method on your Paypal wallet. Could you please retry the transaction using an alternative payment method from PayPal wallet? Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

I had tried from different methods too but it's not accepting.

Hi Abhinav,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I had tried Master card, Visa card also but it's not accepting.

I have similar case. Cant buy connects using my paypal . But it worked on the first time now its no longer working. 

Hi Fernandez,

Thank you for reaching out and reporting this. Please know that in order to use PayPal as a billing method on Upwork, your PayPal account must have a linked credit or debit card for recurring payments. For cases like this, a funding source is required to add PayPal as a billing method.

You may visit this help article for alternative billing methods you can choose from when purchasing Connects or upgrading your membership. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths