cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pending Offers

Highlighted
Brittney M Member Since: Jul 27, 2012
1 of 8
I've decided to hire a freelancer, after completing an interview, via Skype. We talked about the terms, start date, everything, came to an agreement. Well, I sent an offer, 3 days ago. She has yet to accept it. Immediately after sending the offer, I sent a message, stating that I've made an offer. Today, I sent another message, stating that I will not keep the offer in pending state much longer (if she hasn't accepted tomorrow, I will rescind it). I'm new to Odesk and wonder if it is common for people to not accept offers immediately and also, how long should I let an offer pend, before revoking the offer? Thanks.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Tony H Member Since: Nov 10, 2011
2 of 8
Has the start date passed? If so.. move on to someone else,it's a sign of what may come in the future for your deadlines. Otherwise, maybe he/she won't worry about accepting the offer till the actual start date?
Highlighted
Community Guru
Joseph C Member Since: Nov 5, 2011
3 of 8
ref Tony post on this. Could be they have quite a few apps out and waiting till the last minute hoping for a contract that pays more. Look at their profile and see how many apps they have outstanding.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
4 of 8
When I receive an offer, it says "You have until [date] to accept or decline this offer," and the deadline is more than a few days away. Is this something the client sets or ODesk sets? Although I accept offers right away, if the offer says I have a certain amount of time before accepting, I would expect the job to be held for me until the deadline stated in the offer passed.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
5 of 8
It's set by oDesk not the client and I believe the default is 1 or 2 weeks, not sure. Either way, it's misleading.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
6 of 8
If I received an offer and couldn't accept it for a week, the very least I could do would be to message the client and explain the situation and ask whether they're prepared to wait.Just saying nothing for a week would hardly bode well for the job if and when it was started
Highlighted
Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
7 of 8
I will always let the client know when I will start working, simply out of courtesy. I just find the deadline oDesk uses to be misleading. It does seem to me like oDesk is saying that the contract will be held open for you until the date shown, and from the freelancer's point of view, if you don't see things from the client's perspective, it looks like the date could have been set by the client. I suppose if you don't accept by that time, oDesk automatically removes the contract.
Highlighted
Brittney M Member Since: Jul 27, 2012
8 of 8
Thanks for all the responses, she finally accepted and starts 1/6/14.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS