🐈
» Forums » Clients » Pending refund (fixed price) from fake/bot Fr...
Page options
0964c377
Community Member

Pending refund (fixed price) from fake/bot Freelancer -- still on upwork

Not sure why this "freelancer" is still online and with an Upwork account. Fake accounts like his takes opportunities away from real freelancers and burns time and energy from clients. Not sure what the "**Edited for Community Guidelines**" account is up to, but it doesn't appear to be anything productive.  

I hired him because he was first to reply and it was a small quick job. I wanted to give the new guy a break and chance to get hist first 5 star positive feedback. He was using a different picture for his avatar when hired (completely different person) and changed it to this stock photo shortly after hiring him. He also seemed to have changed his timezone/location around which was another factor in initially choosing him. Since we needed the work done in ~4 hours, or same day at worst, didn't want to hire someone where it was already 1am.

I missed my original deadline due to the fake "**Edited for Community Guidelines**" account, but I was able to get what needed done the following day, by an outstanding freelancer.

Upwork -- appreciate if you will please promptly review this "**Edited for Community Guidelines**" account (remove) and return my escrow. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~011b8f6ef9db113a51

Goran, 

I see the account is dead now.  Thank you!

It's really just about protecting the community. 

I understand the escrow robot-machine will hold my money for longer than it should, but this is something I hope that Upwork will reconsider in situations like these, as it could make for a very bad first-time experience for newer clients and larger amounts of money tied up like this.

Thanks

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Jay,

I`m sorry to hear about the bad experience you've had. I checked your ticket and would like to confirm that our team has already followed up and is waiting on your response back. Feel free to follow up with any additional information/evidence you have on your ticket with number 31141700.
Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

[post removed by Jay G.  Upwork deleted the fake freelancer account so issue mostly resolved]

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~011b8f6ef9db113a51

Goran, 

I see the account is dead now.  Thank you!

It's really just about protecting the community. 

I understand the escrow robot-machine will hold my money for longer than it should, but this is something I hope that Upwork will reconsider in situations like these, as it could make for a very bad first-time experience for newer clients and larger amounts of money tied up like this.

Thanks

Latest Articles
Learning Paths