cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal vs Interview "Rooms" in Message System

Community Guru
Jennifer D Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
1 of 5

I have two "rooms" for each of my freelancers - a personal room and an "interview" room. Some of these contracts have been running for years. Why do I still need an "interview" room if the freelancer has been hired and the job posting is closed? Sometimes my freelancers get the rooms mixed up and send me messages in the "interview" room instead of the personal room. Previously that wasn't really a big deal, but now the email notification format has changed: instead of just saying my name and the name of the freelancer in the subject (which is itself not that useful but I digress), it says "You have unread messages about the job...". This is confusing enough right now when I don't actually have any jobs open. When I next have a job open I'm going to find it even more confusing. Why can't the "interview" room be automatically closed once the freelancer is hired and the job posting is closed?

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 5

Hi Jennifer,

Back in December we made a change so all the new interview rooms will be merged with the respective contract rooms once the freelancer is hired. Unfortunately, it doesn't apply to the interview rooms that were created before the change went live. I believe you are seeing separate rooms for older interviews.

Please, see more information about the change here.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
3 of 5

Thanks Valeria. Is there a way to close a room without losing the message history in it? Or to merge it in to another room?

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 5

Jennifer,

You can archive a room. You will still be able to access it by searching for it but won't be able to send messages through it.

Screenshot_6.png

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
5 of 5

Thanks Valeria. If I archive it, is it archived for the other person in the room too? Or will they still be able to send messages through it?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS