🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Please Recommends me Other Freelancer Pla...
Page options
7bd0d548
Community Member

Please Recommend **

Please read out my experience in the screenshot attached. I've experienced with too many similar freelancers. They have had wasted too much of our time. Upwork made it even worst since they limitted the number of job invitation instead of improving such an issue.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

26 REPLIES 26
petra_r
Community Member

Maybe rather than another platform, you need to rethink your budgets.

You get what you pay for everywhere in life, and when you look for "an experienced and reliable Wordpress developer" and hire someone at $ 3 an hour you get $ 3 an hour's worth of work.

You spent $ 0.02 on that freelancer...

That says it all.

7bd0d548
Community Member

It's funny that I can find other really good and satisfying freelancers here & other platform at $3/hr. But you can check that troubling freelancer also that his past works was hired at slightly difference $5/hr. 

In antoher case, I've hired a freelancer with >$20/hr they are no better than the good ones I hired at $3/hr

Just people don't know the concept of invisible hand market theory, she will say, "your budget is the problem". But in fact, it's not, I really think it's the platform that supporst FAKE reviews !.

Please check that freelancer whether his reviews are FAKE or NOT !?

petra_r
Community Member

Ilham wrote:

It's funny that I can find other really good and satisfying freelancers here & other platform at $3/hr.

As I said earlier:

I wrote:

You spent $ 0.02 on that freelancer...

That says it all.

But if you do a Google search for "cheapest freelancing platform" I'm sure you'll find one where you find freelancers at your level.

7bd0d548
Community Member

He was charging, i ended up already paying him more than $10. Then he just refunded all the money, i think because he didn't wanted his feedback to be publicized. In the other hand, I just kept trying to pay him some cents so that my review will goes public.

Ilham:

I don't want you to have a bad experience when hiring freelancers.

I understand that you want to look at other platforms.

The problem with your idea is that it probably won't work.

None of these freelancer-hiring platforms have "their own" roster of freelancers. The people who work on these platforms are free to work on whichever platforms they want to, and in many cases they are the same people.

The freelancers who are most likely to help you succeed at an affordable price are more likely to be on Upwork than on other platforms, because Upwork has proven to be the most profitable platform for them.

They may work on other platforms as well, but they're probably here, too.

I think it would be pretty awesome if you could hire quality developers for $3.00/hour. But it is just very unlikely. You MIGHT be able to find a quality $3/hour developer if you hire about 50 such people, and look for the very best. But you would end up wasting time and money in the process.

Somebody who is smart enough to be a quality web developer, including those doing WordPress work, are smart enough to know that they can earn more than $3.00 an hour.

There is just no magic bullet that lets you hire at extremely low rates and get the same quality that you can get at higher rates.

I live in the U.S. My hourly rate is quite high. But I have been hired by many clients who live in India. These clients KNOW that they can hire freelancers with lower rates in other countries, including their own. But these clients want to save money. In order to SAVE MONEY, these clients have chosen to hire a freelancer with a HIGH HOURLY RATE.

Understanding how that makes sense is a great secret to success.

I've wasted about 1 hour or more to reply to this guy named preston, then upwork just deleted my reply. I don't get paid to improve your platform, so why don't you at least be fair ?l

You want your own unfair rule that you want everyone to be in it to follow the rule. 

How do you expect this platform to becomes as big as google if you don't play a fair game ? 

Ilham B wrote:

I've wasted about 1 hour or more to reply to this guy named preston,

I'm sure Preston would't want you to spend more than one hour writing a reply to him.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

What's worst is that, they told me that I violated few points. But in fact, the points they showed me weren't even relevant to what I've said. It's a totally power abuse. So do just don't expect this platform will becomes as big as Facebook or Google if they abused the users in such a way.
7bd0d548
Community Member
kat303
Community Member

Ilham B wrote:

FAKE REVIEWS :

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Clients/Criminal-action-supported-by-UPWORK/td-p/625624

For a minute there I thought it was the president. 

Thank you for sharing, Ilham.

Upwork just keep on going deleting and correcting messages  on my topic as its' not good for their reputation, it's prove of what i said, i see your topic was corrected as well)  

As i publishing  prove of criminal action, they even start to block my messages ..... it's usless  ... Do you know any official regulation, that can take action on Upwork? I found only European Parliament, that has council ‘Regulation on promoting fairness and transparency for business users of online intermediation services’ 2018/0112 (COD)  sending them all investigations about upwork actions. Please let me know if you know any other regulation, that  can stop Upwork from keep on going  to do what they do. I give up that they will investigate situation and try to solve it by themselves. 

umarkhayatfrompakistancriminaldeveloper 

You can try reaching out the lawyer in the U.S since Upwork resides in the U.S.

In USA it will be even more easier, EU will work as well i think,  this platform founded by greek Founders: Stratis Karamanlakis, Odysseas Tsatalos 

dzadza
Community Member

there are  plenty of them - just use google and you'll find at least 10-15 listed

7bd0d548
Community Member

"there are plenty of them - just use google and you'll find at least 10-15 listed"
=Yeah I know, thanks but word of mouth is stronggest point.
dzadza
Community Member

you will always find some bad reviews about everything...and everyone..
the only way to find something that suits you is to look  for it yourself - and  there will always be a few bad experiences along the way...

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ilham,

I'm sorry to hear about your issues you're having on our platform. I checked your recent support tickets and wasn't able to identify the profile and contract you're having an issue with. Please pm me that information and I'll be happy to take a look and follow-up with an update.

We've also edited and removed a couple of posts on this thread and sent you a notification regarding those actions. 

~ Vladimir
Upwork

The best way to improve this platform is :

1. Listen to your client's complaints and let them speak freely about it hence you publicly reply to the complaints and tells everyone how you will solve it

2. Shows your competitive advantage and why clients should use this platform compared to other platform

--> If you don't have any competitive advantage, creates one and let everyone knows about it.

The best way to destroy this platform is :

1. Hide your client's complaint and don't solve it for them. Keep it for your self

2. Let everyone don't know your competitive advantage and keep it to your self internally.

3. What's worst -> Charge your clients $600/month for something they can do for free in another platform. This is really stupidity and will drives your clients to another platform.

petra_r
Community Member

Ilham B wrote:

will drives your clients to another platform.

Has it occured to you that making the platform unattractive for a certain subset of freelancers and clients is, if not exactly wanted, but is at worst considered acceptable collateral damage, because that subset is not where the money comes from?

7bd0d548
Community Member

Are you a client or a freelancer or upworks community manager ?

If your not a client you won't understand, just pay Upwork $600 per month while you can get it for free elsewhere then you'll understand what I meant.

The only way I can figure out which freelancer's review is fake or genuine is by inviting dozens of them which now we have to pay $600/month for that, understand ?
7bd0d548
Community Member

Are you a client or a freelancer or upworks community manager ?

If your not a client you won't understand, just pay Upwork $600 per month while you can get it for free elsewhere then you'll understand what I meant.

The only way I can figure out which freelancer's review is fake or genuine is by inviting dozens of them which now we have to pay $600/month for that, understand ?

Ilham B wrote:

The best way to improve this platform is :

1. Listen to your client's complaints and let them speak freely about it hence you publicly reply to the complaints and tells everyone how you will solve it

2. Shows your competitive advantage and why clients should use this platform compared to other platform

Ilham, like any other business that wants to be successful, Upwork has a target market. That target market is not clients who pay freelancers $3/hour, nor is it freelancers who charge $3/hour. Upwork makes its money based on a percentage of what the freelancer is paid. While you may be able to find a satisfactory freelancer for $3/hour, Upwork is unlikely to find any satisfaction in servicing a 10-hour contract for a fee of $6--especially when the relationship becomes high maintenance as it seems this one has. Imagine how much money Upwork has lost by paying staff to handle this conflict on a job it was getting sixty cents an hour for.

Tiffany's above comment needs to be etched in stone and crazy-glued to any number of foreheads.

Brava!

Only client will understand other client.

The other client named rezida seems understood me well cos he's a client in same position as me with same exact similar case.

It's a marketplace, you don't serve one individual client. You fix the market place.

So if Upwork supports fake reviews in the platform, that means all clients that pays >$100/hr will hire fake reviews too.

All I'm asking is to check if this guy review is fake or not, because it seems fake and the other client paid $1250 were being black mailed by such a similar freelancer. Understand?
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

A few posts have been edited and removed from this thread for posting content not in line with our Community Guidelines. We've notified the participants whose posts have been addressed, please be mindful of the guidelines when posting in the forums. Thank you.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths