Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Recommend **

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Ilham B Member Since: Jul 26, 2016
1 of 27

Please read out my experience in the screenshot attached. I've experienced with too many similar freelancers. They have had wasted too much of our time. Upwork made it even worst since they limitted the number of job invitation instead of improving such an issue.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 27

Maybe rather than another platform, you need to rethink your budgets.

You get what you pay for everywhere in life, and when you look for "an experienced and reliable Wordpress developer" and hire someone at $ 3 an hour you get $ 3 an hour's worth of work.

You spent $ 0.02 on that freelancer...

That says it all.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
3 of 27

It's funny that I can find other really good and satisfying freelancers here & other platform at $3/hr. But you can check that troubling freelancer also that his past works was hired at slightly difference $5/hr. 

In antoher case, I've hired a freelancer with >$20/hr they are no better than the good ones I hired at $3/hr

Just people don't know the concept of invisible hand market theory, she will say, "your budget is the problem". But in fact, it's not, I really think it's the platform that supporst FAKE reviews !.

Please check that freelancer whether his reviews are FAKE or NOT !?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 27

Ilham wrote:

It's funny that I can find other really good and satisfying freelancers here & other platform at $3/hr.

As I said earlier:

I wrote:

You spent $ 0.02 on that freelancer...

That says it all.

But if you do a Google search for "cheapest freelancing platform" I'm sure you'll find one where you find freelancers at your level.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
5 of 27

He was charging, i ended up already paying him more than $10. Then he just refunded all the money, i think because he didn't wanted his feedback to be publicized. In the other hand, I just kept trying to pay him some cents so that my review will goes public.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
6 of 27

Ilham:

I don't want you to have a bad experience when hiring freelancers.

I understand that you want to look at other platforms.

The problem with your idea is that it probably won't work.

None of these freelancer-hiring platforms have "their own" roster of freelancers. The people who work on these platforms are free to work on whichever platforms they want to, and in many cases they are the same people.

The freelancers who are most likely to help you succeed at an affordable price are more likely to be on Upwork than on other platforms, because Upwork has proven to be the most profitable platform for them.

They may work on other platforms as well, but they're probably here, too.

I think it would be pretty awesome if you could hire quality developers for $3.00/hour. But it is just very unlikely. You MIGHT be able to find a quality $3/hour developer if you hire about 50 such people, and look for the very best. But you would end up wasting time and money in the process.

Somebody who is smart enough to be a quality web developer, including those doing WordPress work, are smart enough to know that they can earn more than $3.00 an hour.

There is just no magic bullet that lets you hire at extremely low rates and get the same quality that you can get at higher rates.

I live in the U.S. My hourly rate is quite high. But I have been hired by many clients who live in India. These clients KNOW that they can hire freelancers with lower rates in other countries, including their own. But these clients want to save money. In order to SAVE MONEY, these clients have chosen to hire a freelancer with a HIGH HOURLY RATE.

Understanding how that makes sense is a great secret to success.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
7 of 27

I've wasted about 1 hour or more to reply to this guy named preston, then upwork just deleted my reply. I don't get paid to improve your platform, so why don't you at least be fair ?l

You want your own unfair rule that you want everyone to be in it to follow the rule. 

How do you expect this platform to becomes as big as google if you don't play a fair game ? 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
8 of 27

Ilham B wrote:

I've wasted about 1 hour or more to reply to this guy named preston,

I'm sure Preston would't want you to spend more than one hour writing a reply to him.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
9 of 27
What's worst is that, they told me that I violated few points. But in fact, the points they showed me weren't even relevant to what I've said. It's a totally power abuse. So do just don't expect this platform will becomes as big as Facebook or Google if they abused the users in such a way.
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS