Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Recommend **

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Ilham B Member Since: Jul 26, 2016
21 of 27
Are you a client or a freelancer or upworks community manager ?

If your not a client you won't understand, just pay Upwork $600 per month while you can get it for free elsewhere then you'll understand what I meant.

The only way I can figure out which freelancer's review is fake or genuine is by inviting dozens of them which now we have to pay $600/month for that, understand ?
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
22 of 27
Are you a client or a freelancer or upworks community manager ?

If your not a client you won't understand, just pay Upwork $600 per month while you can get it for free elsewhere then you'll understand what I meant.

The only way I can figure out which freelancer's review is fake or genuine is by inviting dozens of them which now we have to pay $600/month for that, understand ?
Highlighted
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
23 of 27

Ilham B wrote:

The best way to improve this platform is :

1. Listen to your client's complaints and let them speak freely about it hence you publicly reply to the complaints and tells everyone how you will solve it

2. Shows your competitive advantage and why clients should use this platform compared to other platform

Ilham, like any other business that wants to be successful, Upwork has a target market. That target market is not clients who pay freelancers $3/hour, nor is it freelancers who charge $3/hour. Upwork makes its money based on a percentage of what the freelancer is paid. While you may be able to find a satisfactory freelancer for $3/hour, Upwork is unlikely to find any satisfaction in servicing a 10-hour contract for a fee of $6--especially when the relationship becomes high maintenance as it seems this one has. Imagine how much money Upwork has lost by paying staff to handle this conflict on a job it was getting sixty cents an hour for.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
24 of 27

Tiffany's above comment needs to be etched in stone and crazy-glued to any number of foreheads.

Brava!

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
25 of 27
Only client will understand other client.

The other client named rezida seems understood me well cos he's a client in same position as me with same exact similar case.
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
26 of 27
It's a marketplace, you don't serve one individual client. You fix the market place.

So if Upwork supports fake reviews in the platform, that means all clients that pays >$100/hr will hire fake reviews too.

All I'm asking is to check if this guy review is fake or not, because it seems fake and the other client paid $1250 were being black mailed by such a similar freelancer. Understand?
Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
27 of 27

Hi all,

A few posts have been edited and removed from this thread for posting content not in line with our Community Guidelines. We've notified the participants whose posts have been addressed, please be mindful of the guidelines when posting in the forums. Thank you.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS