🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Need help with dispute
Page options
7d73687e
Community Member

Please delete

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Pau,

I checked and It looks like you have an open ticket with our Dispute team about this dispute. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

If you have any further questions feel free to follow up on your ticket and our team will be happy to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
prestonhunter
Community Member

Was this an hourly contract or fixed-price contract?

How much money have you paid to the freelancer?

Refund thinking hurts clients.

Don't assume that you will be allowed to enter into mediation or get a refund. You may not be able to get any money back.

It is not Upwork's intention that clients hire freelancers, pay those freelancers, and then get the money back.

If you do not value the work that the freelancer is doing for you, then close the contract.

You seem to be worried about closing the contract. Don't be. You SHOULD close the contract. As long as the contract is open and not paused, the freelancer can log time and make you pay him more money.

If you want to stop the freelancer from getting more money from you, then end the contract.

Freelancers are paid according to how much time they log and a weekly schedule.

The work week ends at midnight GMT on Sunday. After that, you have five days to dispute hours from the previous week. Upwork will not make you pay for time logged if you dispute the time AND if the time segments don't qualify for Upwork Payment Protection.

So, if he does not qualify for Payment Protection, you may be able to dispute all this time from THIS WEEK and not pay for it. For example, if he used manually logged time during this week, then after this week ends, you can dispute those hours and not pay for them.

re: "keep telling me to end contract so that he can get the money"

He gets the money if you end the contract. He gets the money if you do NOT end the contract. The way to MAYBE stop him from getting money from the previous week is to officially dispute specific time segments in the work diary 

You can not simply post a note in the Forum asking to go to "mediation." Mediation isn't even meant for hourly contracts. It is for fixed-price contracts.

JoanneP

Hi Paul,

Could you please confirm the contract ID of the project you're referring to so I can check?

~ Joanne
Upwork
7d73687e
Community Member

Hi Pau,

I checked and It looks like you have an open ticket with our Dispute team about this dispute. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

If you have any further questions feel free to follow up on your ticket and our team will be happy to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

If you had proactively decided to NEVER ASK FOR A REFUND and never dispute... but to proactively monitor work submitted by freelancers as they submit it, and end the contract if you don't highly value the work that they are doing for you... then you could have saved the $900 that you paid to this freelancer.

You could make a slogan for yourself: "I will save money by never again asking for a refund."

7d73687e
Community Member

Can you please delete my post
Latest Articles
Learning Paths