Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio

kbadeau
Community Guru
Kelly B Member Since: Jan 1, 2016
11 of 11

Wendy B wrote:

I am an Instructional Designer and I have copies of most of the projects I have completed, however, I have also signed agreements with my clients to not distribute proprieatary programs. As a result I always explain this and state I would be happy to share at an interview. It is tough but I signed a document and I refuse to go against that. If a hiring manager does not respect that, then I am not sure I want to work there!

I sign NDAs all the time too, but for jobs that I like and want to feature on my portfolio, I'll ask a client for permission. If it's a book for example, I'll just use a few pages, and send to the client for approval before posting it to my profile.

I can't quite imagine a designer not including portfolio pieces on their profile, but on the other hand, that only benefits me in the end, right? I don't like the linking to my wesbite route both because we're not supposed to share contact info, but also because I think the easier you make it for clients, the better. It's crazy, but they just might not want to take that one extra step to see my work.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS