🐈
» Forums » Clients » Possible scam
Page options
gateau_konrad
Community Member

Possible scam

I was contacted about an ad I responded to. I was asked to do an interview via Hangouts. The interview was relatively short and didn't ask questions or gave information that were specific to the job I answered. They said they would pay the equivalent of $35 an hour and they would send me a cheque to purchase a laptop from their vendor. This was the ad on UpWork  **edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Konrad, 

Thank you for sharing this here. I can confirm that actions have been taken against the job post. 

I would recommend that you read up on these freelancer resources and these tips for avoiding questionable jobs, for help getting started, and for more information about working safely through Upwork. 

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

Yes, this is a scam.

Flag it as inappropriate.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Konrad, 

Thank you for sharing this here. I can confirm that actions have been taken against the job post. 

I would recommend that you read up on these freelancer resources and these tips for avoiding questionable jobs, for help getting started, and for more information about working safely through Upwork. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Thank you. Let me know if anything else is required on my end, I have the chat saved if more info is needed. I'll be more careful going forward.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths