cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to export milestone files in bulk?

kur1
Christopher B Member Since: Nov 30, 2017
1 of 6

I have my 6+ freelancers submit all my work via milestones, but unless I immediately export and organize, going back to sift through files is confusing and difficult. Is there a way to bulk export files on milestones, or something similar?

bobafett999
Community Guru
Prashant P Member Since: Sep 29, 2015
2 of 6

@Christopher B wrote:

I have my 6+ freelancers submit all my work via milestones, but unless I immediately export and organize, going back to sift through files is confusing and difficult. Is there a way to bulk export files on milestones, or something similar?

I believe if you ask them, they can zip the files and send you a zip folder.  Would that make it easier for you?

kur1
3 of 6

I guess if they have all my files in one central location that's possible, but I was hoping there was a way through the Upwork UI.

mtngigi
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
BEST ANSWER
4 of 6

Upwork's interface can be ... annoying. For record's sake, freelancers should keep files from contracts on Upwork.

What you can do is set up a folder on Dropbox and either upload files you receive right away, or ask your freelancers to upload copies to Dropbox for you. Then they're easily organized and accessible. There is even an option in the message rooms to use Dropbox for file exchange.

Screen shot 2017-12-01 at 1.07.22 PM.png

View solution in original post

kur1
5 of 6
Solid idea! Putting final files in a shared Dropbox or GDrive folder seems solid. Thank you.
mtngigi
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
6 of 6

You're welcome.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS