cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to hire the same freelancer for more than one hourly job?

sdxmedia
Sameer D Member Since: Dec 6, 2015
1 of 2

I'm trying to confirm that it is possible to hire the same freelancer for more than one hourly job. With the change to Upwork from Odesk, he is being told that he needs to have his clients end and start a new contract for the same job. I sent him a new job offer first before ending the old one, however he says he's not able to accept the new job offer until the old one is ended, and has requested a 5 star rating (which I am fine with).

I would prefer to have him accept the new contract first before I end the old one, to ensure continuity on my project.

Has anyone had any issues with this?? Any assistance, info, insight is much appreciated.

Thank you

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 2

Hi Sameer,

Now it's possible for you to have multiple contracts with the same freelancer at the same time. You can check this post by Garnor for more information about that. We do encourage clients to close contracts once the jobs are done and provide their feedback to help freelancers build their careers and further develop on the platform as well as help other clients distinguish between freelancers who have delivered great results.

~ Valeria
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS