🐈
» Forums » Clients » Possible to rate a freelancer without an exis...
Page options
carlylieb
Community Member

Possible to rate a freelancer without an existing contract?

Hi,

I recently freelanced for someone outside of Upwork who happens to have an Upwork account. Is it possible for this person to rate my profile on this site, or does the contract need to exist on Upwork in order for them to rate me?

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Carly L wrote:

I recently freelanced for someone outside of Upwork who happens to have an Upwork account. Is it possible for this person to rate my profile on this site,

No.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Carly L wrote:

Hi,

I recently freelanced for someone outside of Upwork who happens to have an Upwork account. Is it possible for this person to rate my profile on this site, or does the contract need to exist on Upwork in order for them to rate me?

This sounds like circumvention, which is a punishable offence on upwork. Announcing this to the world by asking for something that is clearly impossible is quite audacious. Or mindboggingly unwise. Don't know, you decide. 

Martina P wrote:

Carly L wrote:

Hi,

This sounds like circumvention, which is a punishable offence on upwork. Announcing this to the world by asking for something that is clearly impossible is quite audacious. Or mindboggingly unwise. Don't know, you decide. 

Martina, I think you misunderstand. Unless I'm mis-reading, OP encountered the client outside of UW and then happened to learn they have an UW account. They didn't meet here and then move off the platform.

Carly asked a question that nobody had thought to ask before.

And she received an answer.

That's all that happened.

2591126f
Community Member

As others have pointed out  There is no way to do that.

Opening upwork rating to  clients who did not get their work sourced through upwork would simply be opening the ratings to abuse .

Although you can add portfolio items of work that you did outside of upwork (Ofcourse it should be  done by you and for which you have permission to display). 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths