Osamu O Member Since: Dec 5, 2015
1 of 4

thank you for your suggestion

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
BEST ANSWER
2 of 4

Osama, if you are not going to do anything that violates Upwork policies or is in any way fraudulent, then you should indeed be able to hire contractors on Upwork.

I suggest that you post a job for a virtual assistant to help you do research about shipping, importing and exporting.

Basically, don't provide so much detail about the job.

Then hire someone on an hourly basis.

Hire people who can help you to set everything up legitimately, including using shipping accounts and purchasing accounts that you yourself pay for.

As long as you are honest and pay for expenses and work with your freelancers in a mutually beneficial way, I see no reason why you shouldn't be able to hire contractors overseas to help you with your business.

View solution in original post

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
3 of 4

lol dropshipper

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
4 of 4

Preston, it is nevertheless a job that could lead to considerable abuse, and I don't see how it would be possible to pay a courrier via Upwork. It would presuppose an upfront payment for postage, on which the freelancer has to pay a further 10%.

However, I must be looking in the wrong place, because I can’t find anything in Client Policies or in the User Agreement that upholds Upwork’s reply to the OP:

“[. . .] a job you posted requests inappropriate services or activities, which is against Upwork’s Job Post policy. Specifically, you want freelancers to receive and send products for you. As a result, your job has been removed.   Asking freelancers for services or activities deemed inappropriate is not allowed. This might include multi-level marketing strategies, surrogate motherhood, information harvesting, or chain mail, to name a few.”

The only thing I can see close to it is this:

"Requesting a service that is illegal or violates intellectual property rights, copyrights or the terms of service of another service, product or website is prohibited."

Which is pretty unspecific (surrogate mothers forsooth!). "Illegal" needs to be defined.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS