🐈
» Forums » Clients » Posting a job problem
Page options
ren44
Community Member

Posting a job problem

Hi, 

I do not have permissions to post a job on upwork as I am registered as a freelancer. The bot asked me to do the following,

1. Go to Settings > My Teams 2. Click the Create New Account option 3. Choose New Client Account

However, I keep on getting the same error response. Please help! 

4 REPLIES 4
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Renu,

In order to post a job and hire someone, you need to have a client account. You can be both a client and a freelancer on Upwork. Please go to Settings > My Teams and choose the 'Create New Account' button at the bottom. After that, choose 'New Client Account'. Once set up, use the account menu at the top-right of your screen to switch between using Upwork as a client or freelancer.

To start as a client, please check out this help article. You can also learn more about the trends and best practices and get tips on making your project a success by visiting our Hiring Headquarters. Please note that there are two types of contracts, Fixed-Price, and Hourly contract and you can check their differences in this help article. You can also read about the valuable perk of payment protection we offer clients for Fixed-Priced and Hourly contracts.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you for your response. I followed these steps, but kept on getting the same error message, see attached scree shot. What do you suggest I do? 

Thank you

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Renu,

As you already created your client account, can you try using the account menu to switch the profile you are using? To do so, click on your user menu in the right top corner (your avatar) and switch to your client account. You can check this screenshot for reference.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you for your help, I was able to post a job. 

Kind regards

Ren

Latest Articles
Learning Paths