cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pressing the HIRE button - any way back? (fee query)

James O Member Since: Apr 6, 2015
1 of 3

Hi everyone,

Sorry to ask a question that's probably been asked (but I couldn't find it if it has!)

I'm a total newcomer. I made a fixed contract offer, and an applicant offered his services for a higher fee. We negotiated somewhere between the two sums. I want to hire him but his hire fee (on the screen to the left of the 'hire' button) remains unchanged (i.e. higher than I agreed to).

If I click 'hire' now, am I committing to pay what he initially asked for, and not what he has since agreed to? Or will this all be sorted out at the contract stage (on the next page)?

As far as I can see there used to be an option for 'make offer', but it doesn't appear to be here now...

Any help, please?

Thanks,

James

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 3

Hi James,

Once you press the Hire button, you will be taken to the Offer Page. There you will be able to specify all the contract details even if they are different from those in the job posting or freelancer's application. The freelancer will have to accept the offer for it to become an active contract.

Alternatively, the freelancer can propose different terms in his job application.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Ilya N Member Since: Jun 29, 2015
3 of 3

Valiria,

It's realy confusing point, I guess, for every new guys and it's quite hard to find answer.

I think it will be better if upwork will change title for that button.

Thanks, 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS