🐈
» Forums » Clients » can not add user to chat
Page options
ghockenbeck
Community Member

Problem Inviting a New User

I am having problems inviting a new user. Add the email address and select all permissions I want them to have... click "Invite" and nothing happens. The cancel button works just fine. Another member of our Team with Admin permissions tried and had the same problem as well. Please advise.

19 REPLIES 19
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Grace,

Does the user you are trying to add to your team have an account on Upwork already?

~ Valeria
Upwork

Had created an account in error then deleted it.

Grace,

A user has to have an active account in order to be added to a team. You can use either their username or email address they registered their Upwork account with to add them to your team.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Ah, thank you. I thought it would actually invite them to create a login on the site. Greatly appreciate your help.

Now I am having trouble creating an original account... I invitation button works, but then when my coworker goes to sign up - after filling out all information, selecting a username, etc - it says "This almost never happens but we are having trouble setting up your account - try back later or contact support"... And ideas?

Grace,

Could you please click on my name next to this post and send me a private message with the email address or username of the team member you are referring to?

~ Valeria
Upwork

I have the account of an active user but when i'm trying to click in invite button. nothing happens. Please, Give a better solution.

Hello Sharmila,

One of our team members will reach out to you regarding your concern.

Untitled

Hi,

**Edited for Community Guidelines** has an account but gets the error

"The invitations failed to send due to an error. Try again later."

I tried this several times during 1 day.

Any further tips?

Geert.

Hi Geert,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your team members. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

When trying to add a Freelancer to my Agency to be a Team memeber the platform gives me an error when I enter the Freelancers email address assigned to their Upwork Profile.  Their Upwork Profile is active.

Hi Andrew,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
zoranmaksimovic
Community Member

Hi,

I started an upWork agency today, payed membership, but I can't add members to it. 'Ivite' button doesn't work (screenshot attached). Nothing happens when I click on it. I've treid multiple browsers, as well as multiple devices and operating systems. Does anyone have same problems, and know how to fix it?

Thanks

Z

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hello Zoran,

We have escalated your concern. One of our representatives will reach out to you.

Untitled
542740dc
Community Member

Having the same issue.  Can't invite a new user (nothing happens when you click the button) and I know he has an existing account.  Have also tried different browsers.  Any help appreciated.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alastair, 

I've escalated this to the team, and an agent from the Customer Support Team will reach out to you directly to help you resolve the issue.

~ Avery
Upwork
summ0ne
Community Member

• serviceName: 'workplaceConnectionsAS', commandName: 'Invite', error message: 'serviceName: 'workplaceConnectionsDS', commandName: 'InviteUser', error message: 'User has no invites permissions in org!''

I have both an Agency and a user

I want to invite my friend to a chat room

summ0ne
Community Member

I have him on my team in the agency

can not add him to an ongoing job interview chat

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dragan,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly via support ticket and assist you further with your concern, thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths