🐈
» Forums » Clients » Problem card charging method
Page options
e6990368
Community Member

Problem card charging method

Hello,

I try to hire a freelancer for a project, but I get the following error message:

"There was a problem charging your billing method. Please enter a new billing method and try again."

I have an available Visa Electron card with enough funds.

Should this problem be because I have a different name on the upwork account than on the card which I am trying to use?

Can you help me with a solution to this problem?

Thank you.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
nkocendova
Community Member

Hi there,

I've checked and it looks like the reason that your transaction isn't going through is stemming from the issuer banks end. Please get in touch with the bank to inquire why the charge is not being accepted on their end. Also note that on Upwork you must use your real and legal name on your account, thanks!

~Nina

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
nkocendova
Community Member

Hi there,

I've checked and it looks like the reason that your transaction isn't going through is stemming from the issuer banks end. Please get in touch with the bank to inquire why the charge is not being accepted on their end. Also note that on Upwork you must use your real and legal name on your account, thanks!

~Nina

Thank you !

I am also feeling this similar issue with the payment method.

I connected my credit card to the account and trying to put some money into the upwork account for freelancer hiring but it's still saying 0$.

How can i do this operation?

Please help.

Hi Vasiliy,

One of our customer support agents will reach out to you directly and assist you further with this, thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello,
I bought 80 connects for my agency for $12 but it gave error and then the transaction was successful on the next try, however, Upwork charged my card for 10 transaction of $12 each ($120). 80 connects are added to my account however, the charge is $120. Can I get a refund for the extra 9 transactions?

Regards,

Nouman

Hi Nouman,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I made a purchase of 80 connects on 25-09-2019 but Upwork charged me for 9 transactions each equalling $12. My card statement shows 9 transactions were made each worth $12 on 25-09-2019. I asked Upwork community for assistant but I got an email that one transaction was for 80 connects added to my account and other 6 would be refunded as 7 transactions were made on 25-09-2019. I checked my transaction history which shows 7 transactions but my card shows 9 transactions by Upwork. My other 2 transactions disappeared from Upwork history and are nowhere to be found despite funds being deducted from my account. Can you please locate and refund the two transactions as well for me? Waiting for quick support.

Hi Nouman,

Thanks for following up. One of our team members already initiated a refund as requested. Please consider following up on your open ticket for more information or if you have further questions.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I am new to upwork and I want to hire a developer for my project.

I connected my credit card to the account and tried to take out money from there and put it into the upwork account.

But I can't find how to do it and it seems like there is an error on the payment integration on my side.

Can you please check this?

petra_r
Community Member

@vasiliy B wrote:

I am new to upwork and I want to hire a developer for my project.

I connected my credit card to the account and tried to take out money from there and put it into the upwork account.

But I can't find how to do it and it seems like there is an error on the payment integration on my side.

Can you please check this?

You don't "put money in your Upwork account" - When you hire someone your card gets charged, either the funds for Escrow, or automatically for hours worked if it's an hourly contract.

First you want to verify your credit card anyway.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths