🐈
» Forums » Clients » Problem with Paypal
Page options
830a01e4
Community Member

Problem with Paypal

Hi there,

I tried to hire a freelancer and deposit money in Escrow for a freelancer, and i getting the error:
"You dont have a valid billing method on file with ’upwork’. Can u pleas help me out with this? Thx!
5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Ronny L wrote:

I tried to hire a freelancer and deposit money in Escrow for a freelancer, and i getting the error:
"You dont have a valid billing method on file with ’upwork’. Can u pleas help me out with this? Thx!

is your PayPal account verified and backed by a proper credit card?

830a01e4
Community Member

Hi,

Uhm, i used it in june for the last time. Without #cc. Is that necessary then?? Then that’s something new they’ve changed. I dont have a #cc so i think i’m in bad luck then ☹️ Thx for ure advice
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ronny,

I checked this for you and looks like your PayPal account is now active as billing method and you should be able to use it. 

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you further with any questions or concerns you might have.

Happy hiring! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
830a01e4
Community Member

Hello bojan,

Thx for the reply, but it seems the problem is still there! I contacted Paypal, and they told me(i’m from the netherlands). That if the error isnt in dutch, it isnt a problem on their system, but on the registration. So i hope u can help me out with this problem. Thx!

Greetings,

Ronny

Hi Ronny,

I see that you are already corresponding with one of our team members regarding this issue. The agent will update your ticket to assist you further, thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths