🐈
» Forums » Clients » Problem with card authorization
Page options
subtlygold
Community Member

Problem with card authorization

Hello!

I've just set up a new client account. I tried setting up the billing method with my VISA debit card but it didn't work. It just said 'we're unable to authorize your card'. How do I proceed from here?

Thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alya,

If the debit card your bank issued doesn't require prefunding, you should be able to add it as a billing method. For more details on how to set up your billing method check out our guide here.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
ec049d05
Community Member

Hi!!

I am trying to set the billing method with my mastercard but it didn't work. It says 'we're unable to authorize your card', Kindly help me out.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Sheharyar,

I checked and it looks like the transaction is being declined by your card-issuing bank. Please reach out to them so that they can check on the specific decline error. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
ec049d05
Community Member

Hello!!

I have contacted my bank twice, they say there is no denial from their side. International transactions and other requirements are all active. I have also tried four different acounts with different banks but the issue remains the same. Kindly help me out I am unable to buy connects and proceed with my work.

Thanks for your cooperation!

Hi Sheharyar,

Thank you for your message. I see that you have managed to complete your transaction to purchase 40 Connects using your card today. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths