cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Problem with freelancer

Mile M Member Since: Sep 19, 2017
1 of 5

Hi , I have problem with freelancer who I hired for job. I send him contract , but didnt sent work need to be done yet ,and he tracked few hours on nothing . How to solve that problem and not pay that hours he isn't worked exactly?

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
João P Member Since: May 23, 2017
2 of 5

Hi Mile,

If you're not happy with the freelancer, you can terminate the contract right now.
The freelancer won't be able to log more hours on your job.

But if the freelancer is using the Upwork Tracker , you'll have access to screenshots of the work done by now. Unless the freelancer has been using your time on anything other than your job, he/she will be entitled to the be paid for the hours logged.

Hope it's helps and that you can get your project done by someone professional soon.

Mile M Member Since: Sep 19, 2017
3 of 5

Hi , thank you for your assistance , I just want to know how to release him from job and yes I have in work diary screenshots , how to report it and just erase it from my payments. I dont want to lose money on things that is not job I hired for. 

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
4 of 5

Hi Mile, 

I checked your account and can see that the contract started just this Sunday, and your freelancer logged hours on Tuesday. You should be able to dispute the hours your freelancer logged starting next Monday, 25-September, up to Friday, 29-September. 

Please read up on this help article for more information on disputing your freelancer's hours. 

-Avery
Untitled
Mensah S Member Since: Oct 23, 2016
5 of 5
I am a freelancer but I will advice my precious clients to always monitor their houly contracts for invalid time logs as this is the behaviour of some freelancers. As soon as you hire them they begin to use the tracker.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS